How do you overide Kodi's password
So I spent 2 hours setting up my Kodi for me and my kids and then afterwords went to setup a login for them and for me. For whatever reason the system is not taking my password. So how do we override this? and could someone explain the process for setting up 2 accounts. Do we, for example set up the 2 accounts PRIOR to making any changes to settings and so on? After? what options do we choose? the default or the new start? i wanted the default assuming that it would transfer all the widgets etc but it definitely didnt do that lol.

Is there a step by step guideline to this process? If someone could kindly post a link or topic of discussion for this on the board I would appreciate it cause right now I feel like throwing my laptop against the wall! Smile

Thanks
Profiles (wiki), presuming that's what you mean.

Personally I find that setting up profiles like that works, but it's best to leave the original admin profile as it is (aside maybe from giving it a password) and then create new ones for each user group and work from that.

When you set them up you can have them share or use independent stuff like media sources depending on what choices you make during the set-up process.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-09-30, 09:04)DarrenHill Wrote: Profiles (wiki), presuming that's what you mean.

Personally I find that setting up profiles like that works, but it's best to leave the original admin profile as it is (aside maybe from giving it a password) and then create new ones for each user group and work from that.

When you set them up you can have them share or use independent stuff like media sources depending on what choices you make during the set-up process.

Thanks - unfortunately, Kodi does not take your password sometimes regardless of whether it is the correct one or not. Maybe I am messing around with the profiles section too much but if it can't handle it properly, probably should not be included until it can. I appreciate the advice on how to set things up to minimize the probability of problems however and will follow your guidance, but I still think that if it doesnt work properly when trying to set up multiple accounts without errors or a high probability of getting errors, I would hope Kodi 17 can address this. I know its not a glamorous part of Kodi but it is a function within Kodi. I mean I didnt touch any xml files or anything like that - just set up alternative profiles. Kodi still not ready for full family use and sharing yet. Hopefully it gets there soon.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.
(2016-09-30, 14:52)Excite Wrote:
(2016-09-30, 09:04)DarrenHill Wrote: Profiles (wiki), presuming that's what you mean.

Thanks - unfortunately, Kodi does not take your password sometimes regardless of whether it is the correct one or not. Maybe I am messing around with the profiles section too much but if it can't handle it properly, probably should not be included until it can. I appreciate the advice on how to set things up to minimize the probability of problems however and will follow your guidance, but I still think that if it doesnt work properly when trying to set up multiple accounts without errors or a high probability of getting errors, I would hope Kodi 17 can address this. I know its not a glamorous part of Kodi but it is a function within Kodi. I mean I didnt touch any xml files or anything like that - just set up alternative profiles. Kodi still not ready for full family use and sharing yet. Hopefully it gets there soon.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Running it here with 3 profiles, passwords work fine.
@Fail.

would like to know what kind of passcode you are using...numeric, alpha? system always results in rejecting password after system has been on more than a few hours, and results in runtime error when you exit forcing you to close the program. This is the 3rd computer in 2 days...not sure if the Mimic skin has anything to do with it or not but I have a pretty simple Kodi - no third party apps on it..just home stuff and Mimic skin.

If you are using numbers for your pass maybe different result.

Thanks.
Numeric. I never have an issue switching profiles or it not accepting passes. I'm running this on 16.1 and the titan skin for windows. I can't comment for 17 as I just reverted back, but I do not recall there being an issue either. I could be wrong about that as during the time I was playing with 17, I wouldn't have messed too much with secondary profiles. I don't have any problems exiting, it closes as normal. I do restart kodi (no reason other than I'm doing other stuff on my pc) "often" maybe 3 or 4 times in a 24 hour period. Not sure if that makes a difference or not Sad
ok thanks. yeah I was using letter based passcode and it crashes kodi on startup quite a bit. I am also using 16.1. Again, I dont know if other settings are playing a role in this issue but it definitely exists. Im gonna try it with an empty version of Kodi and see if it has this problem before I add anything such as skins or vids.
(2016-10-07, 06:38)Excite Wrote: ok thanks. yeah I was using letter based passcode and it crashes kodi on startup quite a bit. I am also using 16.1. Again, I dont know if other settings are playing a role in this issue but it definitely exists. Im gonna try it with an empty version of Kodi and see if it has this problem before I add anything such as skins or vids.

Let us know what you find out
same issue with clean version of Kodi 16.1 on all computers. Didn't bother with posting the log since I think anyone who tries it will likely find the same thing. I'll just use a numerical code from now on. Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you overide Kodi's password0