add-on Skin Helper Service window missing No and Yes buttons!
hey guys Smile

There is a bug in Kodi 17 that causes this pop up window asking if you would like to download the add-on Skin Helper Service when installing Metropolis.

What happens is the No and Yes buttons are missing.

The developer of Metropolis says this is not a Metropolis bug but rather a bug in the Kodi 17 core.

Can you fix this?

Thanks

To be clear, I don't think it's a bug in Metropolis, as if you restart Kodi before accepting the request to install the addon, it shows the labels fine.

I don't mean to imply that it's definitely not a Metropolis issue, however.
I may have been the last person to touch that part of the code. Can you list repro steps and I'll try to see if it's our fault or skin issur
The janitor, cleaner of cruft, defender of style. Also known as the unfunny guy that doesn't understand signatures.
(2016-09-30, 19:00)Paxxi Wrote: I may have been the last person to touch that part of the code. Can you list repro steps and I'll try to see if it's our fault or skin issur

I just install Metropolis from the repo or zip file and after I switch to Metropolis and after going to the home screen of Metropolis just about right away I get the pop up message saying something like "Add-On Required" To use this feature you must download an add-on Skin Helper Service Would you like to download this add-on?" and where No and Yes should be is just blank as you can see in the screen shot.

This only happens for your first install of Metropolis for updates since Skin Helper Service would have been installed you would not see it of course.

I hope I explained it ok for you.
Start with a clean install of Kodi (or at least, one without the Skin Helper addon already installed). Install Metropolis and switch to it. The first time it asks you to install Skin Helper, the Yes and No buttons are not labeled.
(2016-09-30, 19:25)jingai Wrote: Start with a clean install of Kodi (or at least, one without the Skin Helper addon already installed). Install Metropolis and switch to it. The first time it asks you to install Skin Helper, the Yes and No buttons are not labeled.

basically what Jingai said Smile
Thank you for reporting this. This seems to have been broken in Kodi for about a year now, interesting that it hasn't popped up earlier.

I will get a fix together tomorrow so next beta should be fine.
The janitor, cleaner of cruft, defender of style. Also known as the unfunny guy that doesn't understand signatures.
(2016-09-30, 20:26)Paxxi Wrote: Thank you for reporting this. This seems to have been broken in Kodi for about a year now, interesting that it hasn't popped up earlier.

Your welcome and thanks so much Smile
(2016-09-30, 20:26)Paxxi Wrote: Thank you for reporting this. This seems to have been broken in Kodi for about a year now, interesting that it hasn't popped up earlier.

Has this been fix yet?
yep
(2016-10-24, 16:45)Paxxi Wrote: yep

Great thanks Paxxi

Now if you can fix this issue will will really be flying Smile

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=291618
Yeah looked at that one, requires more architecture changes so it's doubtful it will get done for v17 but you never know
(2016-10-24, 17:02)Paxxi Wrote: Yeah looked at that one, requires more architecture changes so it's doubtful it will get done for v17 but you never know

Cool thanks for the info Smile
Update, apparently we consider this a release blocker so I'm currently trying to solve it Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
add-on Skin Helper Service window missing No and Yes buttons!0