tvshow.nfo files corrupted
Sad 
Hello,

I have been using KODI for a very long time. Recently I have installed Sickrage and I started seeing lots of errors regarding my tvshow.nfo files that I generate by doing Video Library -> Export

After opening the files I have noticed that there is a lot of missing characters which breaks the XML format. Here are some examples:

<dateadded>2015-09-05 15:52:34</dateadded>
</tvshow>
22:10</dateadded>
</tvshow>

------

<dateadded>2011-10-10 20:17:44</dateadded>
</tvshow>
/dateadded>
</tvshow>

-----

<dateadded>2012-01-23 04:43:46</dateadded>
</tvshow>
vshow>

------

<dateadded>2014-04-14 21:27:12</dateadded>
</tvshow>
tvshow>

----

It does not affect all my shows but a lot of them. I have re-exported my video library and verified that the .nfo files were overwritten tonight but the issue remains so it's somehow coming out like that from KODI.

Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks
Not gonna help you really in this situation, but I would recommend a media manager such as Ember Media Manager (found in the supplementary tools section of this forum). It's highly customizable and you'll never have to worry about getting in the situation your in now....unless data loss or something to that effect. It can be a pain to fine tune, but it's def the way to go.
I've seen this, although it's never caused me any problems. I've never been able to nail it down sufficiently to file a bug, though.

I *think* it's when you export files over existing ones, and I suspect it's some artefact of opening the file and re-writing the contents instead of erasing and re-creating - and hence ending up with some ghost text from the previous version in some instances. But that's a guess: I did trawl through the code, and my notes suggest I got to an OpenForWrite() routine, but then paused. My notes also suggest that a clean export doesn't create malformed files, only a subsequent re-export.

It's been happening for some time as well:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=181469

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tvshow.nfo files corrupted0