v17 bookmark
Is there a way to store bookmarks so that it can be recalled at a later time and for each and every movie or show.

The bookmark file only seems to bookmark whatever I'm watching at the time but when I come back to that movie again some time in the future, the bookmark is gone.
Bookmarks are stored in the video library/database. There's actually 3 different kinds of bookmarks. The "resume" point (when you stop a video in the middle), a "bookmark" (that is set when you "create bookmark") and an "episode bookmark" (a special case in tvshow when a single video file contains more than one episode). User created bookmarks should be available, but only when the video is playing. Episode bookmarks are available when browsing the tvshow node in the video library. Need to know more about what you are doing when you try to see your bookmark. You should:
1. Start playback of video
2. Open "bookmark" dialog while video is playing

scott s.
Thanks for the reply. So, Scott, if I create a user created bookmark, should it be there when I return to the show or movie, or does it get overwritten? I know that that's the case with subtitles, they get overwritten so that there's only one subtitle file at any given time.
You can create as many bookmarks on a video file as you want, and delete them when desired, all via the skin in the dialog "videobookmarks". Note that in Kodi 17 (Krypton, Kodi will auto-add any "chapters" defined in the video file as well. Chapters and bookmarks both take a frame grab to display as an image with the bookmark/chapter.

Subtitles can either be internal to the video file as one or more "streams", or external text files. Storage and naming of external subtitle files is up to the user with some Kodi support for storage location and reading of language suffixes in the filename.

scott s.
Is there any way I can move the database off my Rasp PI and on to a shared drive in the same way that I do for my subtitle file? It seems every time I unplug my Rasp Pi, my bookmarks disappear.

SH

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
bookmark0