UPDATE KODI APP
AFTER HOURS....Of trying to figure out how to go from 16 to 16.1 I give up...

My first box screwed up a reinstall so badly of xmbc it would not boot...THrew it away...

Then a box with a "special version they had modified" and threw that away...Worked fine for awhile but they did not keep up with updates..And regular xmbc would not update it not to mention the fact that google never saw it as updateable because it never installed it...Also a problem with the leelbox q3 I now have....

This thing has an update Kodi Button. Shows almost a year between versions and I click start download and maybe 10 mb in an hour out of 5? total...WORTHLESS...Cable modem is running at 50mbps wifi and wired..Tried both..So do I chance a non specific upgrade that I see on UTUBE to hopefully not lose all my data?

WRITE AN UPDATER APP AND SELL IT...OR PUT AUTOUPDATE IN THERE..... I would gladly buy an auto update app......
(2016-10-01, 07:09)Rustyd Wrote: AFTER HOURS....Of trying to figure out how to go from 16 to 16.1 I give up...

My first box screwed up a reinstall so badly of xmbc it would not boot...THrew it away...

Then a box with a "special version they had modified" and threw that away...Worked fine for awhile but they did not keep up with updates..And regular xmbc would not update it not to mention the fact that google never saw it as updateable because it never installed it...Also a problem with the leelbox q3 I now have....

This thing has an update Kodi Button. Shows almost a year between versions and I click start download and maybe 10 mb in an hour out of 5? total...WORTHLESS...Cable modem is running at 50mbps wifi and wired..Tried both..So do I chance a non specific upgrade that I see on UTUBE to hopefully not lose all my data?

WRITE AN UPDATER APP AND SELL IT...OR PUT AUTOUPDATE IN THERE..... I would gladly buy an auto update app......

The first thing I do when I buy a box with pre-installed Kodi is to uninstall/delete the pre-installed Kodi.

Then install Kodi from the Google play store.

Never had any issues doing this.
Total greenie here and this installation has all the repositories...I am disabled and cannot sit for a long time...I hoped that the update kodi button would be the answer to my prayers... I love the product but am not technically inclined...I guess I just continue to buy a box a year..... Thanks for your time......
I assume 'all the repositories' means you are really just after the 'fully loaded' experience. if so, its time you read the rules. Then follow Jeffers24's advice.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Read them last night..Not a coder...DO not want to be...I am too old to even be messing with this it is easier to buy a new box..I guess when I see a button that says uodate Kodi...It does it in a timely fashion...Would pay for that type of software...I'll just keep what I have and maybe next year buy that latest and greatest box....Thanks for your help.....
No...body...is....asking....you........to.....code......anything.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-10-02, 00:38)Rustyd Wrote: Read them last night..Not a coder...DO not want to be...I am too old to even be messing with this it is easier to buy a new box..I guess when I see a button that says uodate Kodi...It does it in a timely fashion...Would pay for that type of software...I'll just keep what I have and maybe next year buy that latest and greatest box....Thanks for your help.....

Would be easier 'one button' and probably cheaper to pay for what you want to watch, there are some good deals about if you haggle.
And this is why buying 'fully loaded boxes' is an utter pain (ignoring the piracy aspect for now)

Sent from my Nexus 5
(2016-10-02, 15:59)flipside101 Wrote: And this is why buying 'fully loaded boxes' is an utter pain (ignoring the piracy aspect for now)

typie typie on Nexus 5

An utter pain?

For just one extra action, deleting the installed Kodi, you get a very good value for money box.
Presuming you can actually cleanly delete it of course, and that they haven't screwed around with (or generally screwed up) the firmware such that it needs a bodged special version of Kodi to work around such firmware holes (that the clean vanilla Kodi of course will not have in place).

Caveat emptor, and go into it with knowledge, eyes open and greed for a "too good to be true" something for nothing deal firmly in check.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPDATE KODI APP0