clear browse history
Hi guys

Im new to Kodi so I hope this is not a dumb question

I find it difficult to find a way of clearing my browsing history so prying eyes cant see what Ive looked at

Kodi seems to make this very hard? Not like a regular browser where its easy to set up clear history automatically

Any suggestions?

Robin
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272112
Sad 
(2016-10-01, 19:37)PatK Wrote: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272112

OMG, ive followed the link and its revelations are truly scary re personal privacy - in short Kodi sqil remembers everything you do forever and no means of cleaning.
Surely this must be a major issue for users. Why has this not been flagged up as a major security issue in the community?

Thanx 10^6 btw for the tip

will follow through and report

rgds
Robin
As long as you don't share your database or open open your network there shouldn't be an issue.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
It's not really a security issue. The files are added because of the way the database schema works. A standard clean of the database ignores these files, hence the need for the add-on. Really, this should be fixed in core, but my skills aren't up to that at present. Sad

Besides, do we fix it so these files aren't added (need video params to play the file) or when the db is cleaned (how do we know we don't want a particular file ?). It isn't as clear cut as you might think it is. The add-on will either remove streaming links or any links that don't have an associated source (as defined in sources.xml). Hopefully this does the job you want it to do, but I agree that this should be in core really.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Blush Just installed the DB cleaner and pleased to say it seemed to do the job, no probs AFAIK

Agree with another comment made that while its doing its stuff, nothing to tell you whats going on or when its finished , someone said it could take 10 mins for a large db, so i left it half an hour to be safe

but it cleaned my screen up

I dislike the way KOdi automatically scans the pc on new install and makes a library of all your media files, so a whole lot of old stuff clutters your libraries. Kodi should at least ask first what u want

Anyway thanx 10^6 PaTK and BE and will pass on the good word

Robin
(2016-10-02, 12:24)robint Wrote: I dislike the way KOdi automatically scans the pc on new install and makes a library of all your media files, so a whole lot of old stuff clutters your libraries.

I can assure you Kodi does not do that. Where did you come up with that nonsense?
Im using v17beta2 and its what it did to me, which is why I came here and got a valuable tip fo DB cleaner and it solved my messy library problem and cleaned up completely. my v17 doeswnt have Library Cleaner app visible just now , its a known issue

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=164191&page=2
Kodi does not "scan all of your media files" without you telling it to scan your files. Once again, please don't post that nonsense.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
clear browse history0