v17 Strange song name displays
I'm seeing a bit of an odd display in song listings, and I'm not sure if it's something wrong with my set up or is within Krypton. I've tried in both Estuary and Transparency and the same thing is happening. When I drill down to the song contents of an album there are different views available. If I choose sort by Title it appears right but, is in alphabetical not track order, as shown below

But if I choose to sort by Track all I see is artist and % symbols, not the name of the track. As shown below:

If I start playing the album the now playing line at the bottom of the screen shows the correct name, even though the track listing is still showing '%'s instead of names.

Could someone please let me know if they see the same thing happening, as I'm not sure if it's a Krypton issue, as skins issue or most likely a 'me' issue.

Thanks
Thanks for testing and reporting back.

I don't get that problem Paul, but it is hard to see how it would be your fault either. Could well be skin related. Can you switch to Confluence, it can be downloaded like other skins now it is no longer the default skin, and see if the problem persists.

Also which build of Krypton do have you installed ?
Thanks Dave - unfortunately the same thing in confluence:

I thought it may have something to do with NFS shares, as I think you tend to get those '%'s showing up when the path isn't correct, often when there are '/'s where there should be '\'s, but I am a bit baffled why other views would be shown correctly including the Now Playing. I don't think I've changed anything since downloading, other than moving the playlists to userdata to create custom nodes, but I tested moving those out again and no change.

I'm using Kodi version 17.0 Beta3 Git: 20160928-nogitfound

How odd.
Humm, so not skin then. I will pull the same build version and see what happens.

Are you getting this on every song? I know that the songs node may be slow but does that have the same issue as showing the songs for an album?
Yes, across the board. I've recently switched from Windows to Linux, which is why I suspect the nfs shares, as it's the first time I've used them. When I get home later what I may do is clear the library and add them back as SMBs and check if that shows differently.
I'm just building Krypton from source right now to test this, as I've got both SMB and NFS shares to test with.

EDIT

Can't reproduce that with my NFS shares - sorry Sad
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Same build as you Paul (but on windows), unable to repeat using mix of NFS and SMB sources.

Just wondering what is in your advancedsettings.xml if you have one (found in the userdata folder)? It is possible to set track name format there, that could be screwing up maybe?
No I don't have an advancedsettings file yet. I've only installed and scanned media. I copied over the playlists to amend the composer view to include albumartistsonly as discussed on the other thread, but that's it.

I did try scanning SMB instead of NFS but got exactly the same view. I then copied the files to my local hard drive and added them to the library and got exactly the same view again.

Weird.

If Black-Eagle doesn't find any problem I may bite the bullet and install a fresh copy, as maybe the one I installed got corrupted somehow.
(2016-10-01, 17:31)WelshPaul Wrote: No I don't have an advancedsettings file yet. I've only installed and scanned media. I copied over the playlists to amend the composer view to include albumartistsonly as discussed on the other thread, but that's it.

I did try scanning SMB instead of NFS but got exactly the same view. I then copied the files to my local hard drive and added them to the library and got exactly the same view again.

Weird.

If Black-Eagle doesn't find any problem I may bite the bullet and install a fresh copy, as maybe the one I installed got corrupted somehow.

I didn't I'm afraid Sad

It can't be related to filesystems if you get the same results with SMB, NFS and local files. It looks like a skin issue to me, although you appear to have ruled that out already, so.....

@Dave - any chance this is down to something in the database - some tag or other being interpreted wrongly ?
I don't think it is the database. I have a copy of Paul's library, although maybe from a previous build, and that looks fine. No reason for this build to scamble the tag processing for track title, and it shows just fine when order by title, but I'll have a look at the db file if you like Paul (if it is new).

All very weird.

Anything wrong when you use any of the other sort orders? Try them all and report please.

Edit:
Oh and anything odd on Song Infomation dialog (from context menu when listing songs)?

Final thought is cache files. I think they are cleared between starups now, but you could search for *.fi in the userdata folder and below and delete them.
So I have uninstalled and re-installed, and it's working correctly now. So, sorry for wasting your time. I'll see if I inadvertently recreate whatever went wrong last time and try to document it, otherwise I'll assume it was a bad installation.

I'm now on Kodi 17.0 Beta3 Git:20161001-nogitfound
Fair enough, happy for you things are working now, but remaining curious about what went wrong. So odd. Post here if it comes back.
Yeah, I'm just throwing out suggestions in the vain hope that something comes to light. OP has just switched to Linux from Windows and hasn't so far had the best experience that Kodi & Linux can offer sadly, so I'm hoping that we can pin this issue down and help Paul get the experience he definitely deserves.

I'll check all my views again just for consistency.

EDIT

Or not lol as Paul seems to have it sorted ! Nod
So, Black_Eagle, now's the time you're going to really hate me. The other long-winded post I started in the Linux section about alt-tabbing full-screen kodi freezing the screen has also been resolved with a re-install of the latest version.

This I guess raises a couple of things - firstly I don't need to worry about a lightweight window controller (or at least not because of Kodi), but secondly and more concerning is how does someone know if an installation has gone pear-shaped somewhere along the way. I'm not sure if it was something wrong with that build or something corrupting my download. So way out of my knowledge zone here but it is very odd that these few things were wrong in that particular installation.

Sorry for hijacking music corner Dave.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange song name displays0