Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC269VC Analog [ALC269VC Analog]
card 1: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: ALC269VC Digital [ALC269VC Digital]
Quote:14:06:38.342 T:139882101987072 DEBUG: CVideoPlayerAudio:: synctype set to 1: resample

Please read the description of Sync Playback to Display and what it does to passthrough Audio.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I switched it off, but nothing changed.
https://pastebin.com/z9MrA3Sb
Quote:16:15:15.556 T:140002878281472 INFO: CActiveAE::ApplySettings - Forcing samplerate to 192000

You have the configuration Fixed and forced to 192 khz - that will forcefully resample everything to 192 khz and disable passthrough. Why not just reading the descriptions of the settings?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-09-17, 16:53)fritsch Wrote: You have the configuration Fixed and forced to 192 khz - that will forcefully resample everything to 192 khz and disable passthrough. Why not just reading the descriptions of the settings?

Huh??
- I always carefully read the description of settings.
- This wan't a new installation, I copypasted some files from my old Win (Kodi17) configuration. I'm using Kodi for several years and everything went fine earlier.
- The only thing I modified now is: Settins/Sytem/Audio/Limit sampling rate (kHz) to 192 because this is my AVR's capability.

So please, help me and show me, what to correct, because I have no idea.
Thank you!
Don't touch this setting _at_ all.

Set it to Optimized. Choose your HDMI out, e.g. your "PHL Philips FTV on HDMI #0" as your PT device, disable Sync Playback to Display. Retry.
Optimized helped, thx, again!
(2017-09-17, 12:37)sajtipajti Wrote: Hi, please help me.

I am unable to pass through high def audio (e.g. DTS-HDMA) to my AVR with Kodi on my HTPC using ALSA.

I'm using Kodi 17.4 on Ubuntu 16.04.3.

- I modified /etc/pulse/client.conf (autospawn=no)
- I created /etc/asound.conf
Code:
pcm.!default {
  type plug
  slave {
    pcm "hw:0,3"
    rate 192000
  }
}

but I get an upconverted (192 kHz) PCM signal instead of wanted DTS-HDMA.

What do I do wrong?

Thnaks in advance for your help!

This is what I am using in asound.conf to pass through high def audio. It's working for me, but you need to figure out your card name and number.

defaults.pcm.!card NVidia
defaults.pcm.!device 9
defaults.ctl.!card NVidia
Hi,
I have one more question which is two problems:
How to tell Kodi, not to resample and not to convert from 2 to 5 channels, my files? It resamples now my every (FLAC/music) file to 192 kHz 5 channel.
(Post #13 contains my /etc/asound.conf)

Setting/System/Audio/Number of channels: 5.0, Output configuration: Optimized
Log: https://pastebin.com/cY9eGesg
(As I see in log: my default playback devices' "m_sampleRates" only 192000, while others' more than one value. /And I have no idea, what is the situation with channels/)
Thank you!
Code:
m_sampleRates     : 192000

This is the reason. Since your alsa device only provides 192kHz kodi must resample.
Solution: fix your default device. e.g. delete any custom asound.conf
(2017-09-22, 13:53)wsnipex Wrote: Solution: fix your default device. e.g. delete any custom asound.conf

Yes, THX again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ALSA Question0