Replacement for Boxee Box
Hi All, none technical Newbie here.
I have been a long time and very satisfied Boxee Box user, but it's time to replace my old friend. I have Kodi loaded on my PC and I like Kodi very much.

First I have looked at the "Start Here" section and several pages and I haven't found a section dealing with a box for sale with software and Kodi already loaded. I need to find a turn key unit.
A year or so ago I came across a post (I don't remember where) that highly recommended the Xuum unit (www.xuum.com/). I have done searchs on your forum and found nothing about XUUM.

Please tell me is there anyone who has experience with XUUM or should I not consider them. Or is there a section on the Kodi forum that deals with a ready to go unit (hardware & software)

Thank you in advance for your help.
Dave
no ready to go box, but the wetek hub comes close, or any official android tv box.
have you loaded Kodi on yoru boxee? if not you should do that first it runs much better than the boxee software
Please re-read the START HERE thread as I've added this section for Newbs:

Q. I'm a Newbie and simply want to unbox and power up a device and Kodi is sitting there ready to go. Plug N Play.

(2016-10-02, 06:52)knives of ice Wrote: have you loaded Kodi on yoru boxee? if not you should do that first it runs much better than the boxee software

Yes, I installed Boxee Hacks and have Kodi on a flash drive. Kodi is OK but at times there are delays. My wife really likes Boxee so even when getting a new box w/ Kodi I will probably still run Boxee for her.
(2016-10-02, 08:10)wrxtasy Wrote: Please re-read the START HERE thread as I've added this section for Newbs:

Q. I'm a Newbie and simply want to unbox and power up a device and Kodi is sitting there ready to go. Plug N Play.

Thanks for the reply, but there is no link to that thread.
You must be having a real bad day, its NOT that hard to point and click and navigate this Hardware section of the forum: Wink

START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Oct 2016)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replacement for Boxee Box0