• 2(current)
Mod Menu Bar Selector
(2016-10-03, 02:44)CellarDoorTV Wrote: Worked fine thanks man. Do you think you could add more menubars to the skin in the menubar settings mod by the chance? I was just wondering if this would work if I just duplicate your code. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks again sir.

Good deal...you're welcome! I'm working on additional menu bars as we speak. Sure, you can easily add your own menu bars by duplicating some of the code.
(2016-10-02, 21:54)latts9923 Wrote:
(2016-10-02, 21:15)flowerpot Wrote: hi amazing work but do i need to install all of the mods for this sort of thing to work ? i am running aeon mq7 with media info mod on windows 10 thanks for your advice

Thanks! This is a standalone mod...all you need to add is the Star Wars menu bar images. I just added a new download on the original post that has the Star Wars menu bar.

hi thanks for your reply i added the 2 downloads from post 1 but nothing seems to be happening allthough it has been selected and kodi restarted any thoughts thanks

(2016-10-03, 11:06)flowerpot Wrote: hi thanks for your reply i added the 2 downloads from post 1 but nothing seems to be happening allthough it has been selected and kodi restarted any thoughts thanks

It looks like you have a conflict of message tags in your files. Your FULLSCREEN MIDDLE ART menu item on the left should read MENU BAR and the LANGUAGE FLAGS STYLE page title should read MENU BAR SELECTOR. Did you copy and paste the mod into existing files?
(2016-10-03, 13:19)latts9923 Wrote:
(2016-10-03, 11:06)flowerpot Wrote: hi thanks for your reply i added the 2 downloads from post 1 but nothing seems to be happening allthough it has been selected and kodi restarted any thoughts thanks

It looks like you have a conflict of message tags in your files. Your FULLSCREEN MIDDLE ART menu item on the left should read MENU BAR and the LANGUAGE FLAGS STYLE page title should read MENU BAR SELECTOR. Did you copy and paste the mod into existing files?

many thanks for your reply are you talking about this mod http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=288301 as i just followed the instructions in post 1 , with this mod i downloaded both files and extracted them into the correct folders and over wrote them
(2016-10-03, 13:23)flowerpot Wrote: many thanks for your reply are you talking about this mod http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=288301 as i just followed the instructions in post 1 , with this mod i downloaded both files and extracted them into the correct folders and over wrote them

Yes, I believe those message tags are related to that mod. Check your language file and see if you have duplicate message IDs for FULLSCREEN MIDDLE ART and the MENU BAR message ID I added. I'm away from the computer or I would check this myself.
(2016-10-03, 15:15)latts9923 Wrote:
(2016-10-03, 13:23)flowerpot Wrote: many thanks for your reply are you talking about this mod http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=288301 as i just followed the instructions in post 1 , with this mod i downloaded both files and extracted them into the correct folders and over wrote them

Yes, I believe those message tags are related to that mod. Check your language file and see if you have duplicate message IDs for FULLSCREEN MIDDLE ART and the MENU BAR message ID I added. I'm away from the computer or I would check this myself.
hi thanks for your reply i have tried this again and come up with this

(2016-10-03, 17:21)flowerpot Wrote: hi thanks for your reply i have tried this again and come up with this

That looks better! I noticed on your first post that you removed the glowing Star Wars logo and replaced it with text. Looks like that's the only thing missing now.
many thanks for your helpBig Grin
@flowerpot

You bet...any time!
@latts9923
Super!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great work.
Thanks!
@JohnyBee

Thanks again!
Here's a preview of the Halloween menu bar I'm working on...

(2016-10-04, 04:51)latts9923 Wrote: Here's a preview of the Halloween menu bar I'm working on...

Awesome latts looking forward to halloween. Big Grin do the eyes blink? maybe im asking too much either way is good cheers.
(2016-10-04, 16:11)the_bo Wrote: Awesome latts looking forward to halloween. Big Grin do the eyes blink? maybe im asking too much either way is good cheers.

Thanks! I have the eyes glowing a brighter red right now...looks pretty cool. I should have the bar completed by this weekend.
(2016-10-03, 04:03)latts9923 Wrote:
(2016-10-03, 02:44)CellarDoorTV Wrote: Worked fine thanks man. Do you think you could add more menubars to the skin in the menubar settings mod by the chance? I was just wondering if this would work if I just duplicate your code. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks again sir.

Good deal...you're welcome! I'm working on additional menu bars as we speak. Sure, you can easily add your own menu bars by duplicating some of the code.

Thanks man. I have duplicated some of your code and edited the strings.po, home.xml, IncludesMainMenu.xml and SkinSettings.xml. However when in MENU BAR SELECTOR my menubar appears in the skin as an option but I can't scroll down to select it. Do you have any idea what am I missing. Also what id="10..." number should I use for my menubar?

Many thanks.

</control>
<control type="radiobutton" id="1078">
<label>32021</label>
<onclick>Skin.SetString(mymenubar,mq7menubar)</onclick>
<selected>StringCompare(Skin.String(mymenubar),mq7menubar)</selected>
</control>
<control type="radiobutton" id="1079">
<label>32022</label>
<onclick>Skin.SetString(mymenubar,starwarsmenubar)</onclick>
<selected>StringCompare(Skin.String(mymenubar),starwarsmenubar)</selected>
</control>