How to delete unwanted thumbs?
hi all.

I'm running out of space on my iPad (who isn't?! :-p)

And found Kodi has 1.2GB of thumb cache.

I had this problem before on my pc and decided to delete the lot, but this also deleted tonnes of over useful thumbs like icon graphics and the like.

Is there any way to delete ONLY the cached video/music/pictures 'artwork' (if I can use the term loosely) without binning tonnes of important stuff?

Ps- I've tried 'cleaning library' in the settings, but no significant change.
Cheers
Search 'texturecache'. Its a stand alone utility to clean the thumbnail cache of any cruft - it does a lot of other stuff too but that's its main use.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
There you are.
Texturecache.py is also an option, but a much more complicated one (and maybe a little more effective).
Two options I can think of...

1. Texture Cache Maintenance utility. Loads of options, you can clean / delete selectively.

2. Delete Thumbnails folder and texturesxx.db.
That gets rid of everything. I'm guessing you didn't delete the textures file on your pc, which is why you ran into problems.
Easy to check if it works - re-name rather than delete.
(2016-10-02, 13:26)black_eagle Wrote: Search 'texturecache'. Its a stand alone utility to clean the thumbnail cache of any cruft - it does a lot of other stuff too but that's its main use.

Thanks for the tip, tool looks very deep! Probably good if you're on a desktop.
But I want to do this all on the iPad. Cheers anyway
(2016-10-02, 13:26)black_eagle Wrote: Search 'texturecache'. Its a stand alone utility to clean the thumbnail cache of any cruft - it does a lot of other stuff too but that's its main use.

Thanks for the tip, tool looks very deep! Probably good if you're on a desktop.
But I want to do this all on the iPad. Cheers anyway
Run it on a desktop, point it at your Kodi client on the iPad Wink
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2016-10-02, 13:26)host505 Wrote: There you are.
Texturecache.py is also an option, but a much more complicated one (and maybe a little more effective).

Awesome utility! Just what I was looking for! Thanks! Big Grin

http://m.imgur.com/1OT8N3R

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to delete unwanted thumbs?0