Isn't This Supposed To Be Fun?
The official statement from Team Kodi is being prepared at the moment.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-10-04, 12:40)hiehot Wrote: 3 days for cancer mathaphore, nothing for unjustifiend accusation of mental illness. Sound like team kodi allright. I really hope that some one forks this project before these *self cencored* kill the whole project.

Is is really sad to see something so great like kodi killed by couple of hypocrite, power hungry indivituals.
You should really grow up and take responsibility for your actions.

There really should be open and clear statement from the team about what has happened and why. It's the only thing that could mend things. For some reason I don't have high hopes that this will ever happen. They really don't have a good track record handling these kind of things in the past.

As of now, Kodi has 3701 forks. I hope to hear from fork #3702 soon and I wish you nothing but success.
That goes for all the community members happily shouting "Fork! Fork! Fork!" these days. Kinda reminds me of the Spanish Inquisition. Oh, happy days those where...

On another note, I like the message in this page. It proves our success.
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2016-10-02, 14:53)robwebset Wrote: Hi All,

However I don't see it as just their fault. Instead I would say that the "Kodi Team" as a whole (that is anyone with "Team-Kodi Member" under their name in the forum) that has been the cause of it no longer being enjoyable.

Why the whole team? Well let me digress ... going back to the 1970's in the UK, the Police force were seen by many as being corrupt, it was "the police force" grouped together, not individuals. Obviously there were only a handful of police officers that were actually corrupt - but the other police offers knew about it, and did nothing to intervene to correct things and voice their opinions.

Yes, this is an extreme case ...

Please, excuse my ignorance, as I do not know the backstory, but let me express my opinion on this.

Yes, this is an extreme case, because Team Kodi is neither some evil corporation, nor a police force. It is a group of people (volunteers) who do it for fun, just like you are. such general accusations are not. and should never be acceptable.

At team-kodi, I know few professionals, who are very balanced and polite persons (I wont call names, they know who they are), some of them dont give a damn for the whole drama (because it's not fun), and that's their right not to care! do you think they are happy with what you just said ?

At team kodi, there are also other kind of people, people we do not always agree with, but people who we should respect, for their past and current work.

I dont know you, it seems I never used any of your addons (I dont use much addons in general, even from kodi official repo). it's sad to see skilled addon developer leaving. I am sure many will miss you and your work. I may not know the backstory, but am also sure martijn and ronie had their reasons to do whatever they did. the point is - do not point fingers too much, especialy on people who have nothing to do with your case!
Let me add another thing. I closed one PR because simply deleting a module is not a valid reason and that's it! Nothing more at all. I was never involved in whatever it was in this whole case as i stayed as the sideline in. What happens now? I get blamed everywhere for whatever i didn't even do.

How fun is that? So STOP abusing my name in this.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-10-04, 20:44)Martijn Wrote: Let me add another thing. I closed one PR because simply deleting a module is not a valid reason and that's it! Nothing more at all. I was never involved in whatever it was in this whole case as i stayed as the sideline in.

Point is that closing the PR in the way you did, while people informed you about;
- No addon currently is using the script.
- "Your" own rule states that if no addon is using it, it should be deleted.

It really shouts arrogance all over it, especially if you look at the events that lead to the PR by Rob in the first place.

So, you closing it like that and than stepping "at the sideline", ignoring any questions or events that your action has caused ?!?! You must see how that might have stroked some nerves, don't you?

(2016-10-04, 20:44)Martijn Wrote: What happens now? I get blamed everywhere for whatever i didn't even do.

Exactly !

They are all pissed off at you because you didn't do your "job/task" properly. (In there eyes, however I do agree with them)

What you should have done (imho) is, tell Rob why you think it is not acceptable that;

The rules made by the Kodi Team themself are enforced in this particular case.

or

Those rules are not applicable for this particular case.

(Hence it is still unclear, why that PR has to be an exemption to your own rules.)
Only thing your post proves is how inmature and arrogant you are. Are all devs as childish and inmature as you? No wonder we are in the situation we are in right now. Maby you should grow up and move out of your mothers basement. With that attitude of yours you are going to get your self in trouble in the real world, when your mother is not holding your hand anymore...
Locking this thread, since it's been doubled up like 4 times over at this point with other threads. hiehot, I've banned you for 4 days. Hopefully if/when you come back, you'll have calmed down and won't immediately start with the insults.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Isn't This Supposed To Be Fun?4