Where can i find snippets? First addon dev
I'm relatively new to python . I have coded for a long time in java. And i remember the best way i learnt was using snippets and playing around and troubleshooting etc.

I want to make an addon for example for netflix . Accesses netflix, Chooses tv show / Movie. launches on click. Ticks on finish.

P.s - i want to do this for private use, not releasing publically.
As to my knowledge, Netflix's content distribution system is a closed, proprietary and DRM-ed. An extremely hard nut for a novice addon developer and for any developer for that matter. Not sure that any proper Netflix addon even exists. So you should focus on much simpler tasks, starting from the 3 sticky topics in this section.
Flix2kodi does this. You can study the code, or just use the existing add-on.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-10-04, 00:07)nickr Wrote: Flix2kodi does this. You can study the code, or just use the existing add-on.

Interesting, I didn't know that. Anyway, it seems like a non-trivial project for a beginner.
i wasn't talking about netflix specifially. I was talking about any . Netflix / Hulu / Youtube / there's even a local HBO like channel that offers on demand for certain pieces. I just want to use already used code and play with it from there
Then no problem. There are a number of video addons for legal content sources in the official Kodi repo. Install them, go to the code and play with it. Unlike Java, Python programs are distributed in their source form (except for special cases that are not relevant here).

On Windows installed addons are usually located in %APPDATA%\Kodi\addons
(2016-10-04, 09:37)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2016-10-04, 00:07)nickr Wrote: Flix2kodi does this. You can study the code, or just use the existing add-on.

Interesting, I didn't know that. Anyway, it seems like a non-trivial project for a beginner.

That add-on is not what you are thinking now... It probably just opens Netflix in a browser. Smile
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2016-10-04, 14:41)phil65 Wrote: That add-on is not what you are thinking now... It probably just opens Netflix in a browser. Smile

I have guessed that since Kode cannot play DRM-ed content directly.Smile
If this is your first addon, i suggest reading the wiki and getting to grips with python seperately first.
Read thru and understand an addon you already use and get a feel for how things are done

There are lots of libraries and things out there to help in development, but learn the basics first or you'll have a very steep learning curve.

it is possible tho - and the forum can be very helpful if you ask very specific questions.
(2016-10-04, 16:35)Roman_V_M Wrote: I have guessed that since Kode cannot play DRM-ed content directly.Smile

With inputstream add-ons, Kodi can play DRM-ed content as direct as a browser. Wink
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Are there any addons actually using inputstream at present?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I think there is a sky-go add-on floating around somewhere.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where can i find snippets? First addon dev0