[SOLVED] [Krypton] Passthrough not working
(2017-02-15, 22:37)jjd-uk Wrote: Please post a debug log_file (wiki) of you playing something you'd expect to get passthrough from and also a screenshot of your audio settings.

Hi - Now resolved after a lot of checking it turned out to be the driver for the graphics card that was glitching. It was saying no compatible hardware found. I downloaded and installed manually and everything is now working as it should. Big Grin
OK, "Sync playback to display" worked for me too but the picture movement is now not smooth anymore. It stuckc occasionally just like when Adjust display fresh rate was off.
(2017-01-07, 11:08)jjd-uk Wrote: Passthrough is disabled for Live TV.

Why?

This wasn't the case in 16 was it? 99% sure it wasn't.

I've just spent all day trying to get it working. No wonder I wasn't successful.

Any info on this?
(2017-03-05, 12:47)the_scotsman Wrote:
(2017-01-07, 11:08)jjd-uk Wrote: Passthrough is disabled for Live TV.

Why?

This wasn't the case in 16 was it? 99% sure it wasn't.

I've just spent all day trying to get it working. No wonder I wasn't successful.

Any info on this?

Has been removed due to audio/video sync
Moanbag is in da place!
Hi guys,

So I just found this thread after spending ALL NIGHT driving myself mad trying to figure out why I can't get passthrough audio working to my amp.

I haven't tried disabling 'sync playback to display' yet as I'm currently at work, so I don't know if this will actually solve my problem or not.

My PC is connected directly to my new LG OLED TV via HDMI. The TV is then connected to my amp via it's ARC HDMI output.

I know that my TV is capable of passing through Dolby Digital 5.1 from HDMI sources through to the ARC output because my old PC managed to do this flawlessly - but for some reason I cannot for the life of me get it to pass through audio to my LG TV in DD5.1.

I'm not sure if this is a Kodi issue or a system issue at this stage. I know all my audio codecs are set to bitstream and I'm running the latest Intel display/audio drivers.

Any further suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
(2017-04-06, 01:14)djcorvus Wrote: Hi guys,

So I just found this thread after spending ALL NIGHT driving myself mad trying to figure out why I can't get passthrough audio working to my amp.

I haven't tried disabling 'sync playback to display' yet as I'm currently at work, so I don't know if this will actually solve my problem or not.

My PC is connected directly to my new LG OLED TV via HDMI. The TV is then connected to my amp via it's ARC HDMI output.

I know that my TV is capable of passing through Dolby Digital 5.1 from HDMI sources through to the ARC output because my old PC managed to do this flawlessly - but for some reason I cannot for the life of me get it to pass through audio to my LG TV in DD5.1.

I'm not sure if this is a Kodi issue or a system issue at this stage. I know all my audio codecs are set to bitstream and I'm running the latest Intel display/audio drivers.

Why not connect PC > Receiver > TV. That's the common way of doing it.

And yes, disabling "sync playback to display" may fix it if this is currently enabled.
(2017-04-06, 01:17)the_scotsman Wrote:
(2017-04-06, 01:14)djcorvus Wrote: Hi guys,

Why not connect PC > Receiver > TV. That's the common way of doing it.

And yes, disabling "sync playback to display" may fix it if this is currently enabled.

Because my receiver is not HDMI 2.0 compatible. I am bypassing it and using it for audio only. This is the only way I can plug everything in and still get 4K60 to my LG TV from my HTPC.

Won't my receiver have automatically detected the bitstream even if I play back the file using another player like VLC? Because right now it doesn't. This is why I'm not sure whether or not it's a Kodi setting or a system issue.
(2016-10-04, 16:09)jjd-uk Wrote: With "Sync playback to display" enabled, in order for Kodi to maintain a/v sync sometimes audio will have to be resampled if there's any drift between the video clock and the audio clock, therefore the decision was taken that when "Sync playback to display" is enabled passthrough gets disabled to allow resampling to occur.

There should be either a line entry right below the menu setting for Sync playback to Display notifying that this will disable Dolby/DTS or a giant g.d. pop-up message that tells users this. I had no idea this was the cause until a week after I made some small setting changes, including turning on Sync playback to display, that I noticed no DTS/Dolby coming through at all. Luckily Google brought me here, but still... If changing one setting disables a key function of the program, usually it's advisable to warn the user! Big Grin

At least this thread solved my issue. Hope you can implement a small line or dialog to prevent others from causing their own headaches!
Founder, Producer at Techspin. Setup: i3-12100 PRO B660-A 8GB DDR4 | Kodi version updated, not sure
| Sony STR-AN1000 7.2 1155W 8K Atmos AVR | Samsung 65" 4K | Optoma HD26 3D + 100" screen.
(2017-07-23, 14:02)dvjrickkraft Wrote: There should be either a line entry right below the menu setting for Sync playback to Display notifying that this will disable Dolby/DTS or a giant g.d. pop-up message that tells users this.

Or peoples should just read setting descriptions already available in kodi... (at the bottom of the screenshot)

Moanbag is in da place!
(2016-10-04, 10:32)fritsch Wrote: If Sync Playback to display is enabled PT gets automatically disabled.

THANK YOU

Tearing my hair out trying to purge pulseaudio
Well I never, like other's thinking my AV Receiver was faulty, I even bought a new HDMI Cable thinking it was that and it was the "Sync Playback to Display" all along, of course in 17.5 it does say will not output blah blah blah.

DOH! 

Thanks Smile
Ok folks thank you for all this valuable input. I too am looking to get Dolby and DTS streams to work have a Onkyo TX NR709 receiver however difference being using an android box which is Avov TV Online 4k. Changed multiple settings as per research and have had no success. Any help would be appreciated if not relevant to this section feel free to delete post. This was the closest I could find to similar problem trying to get surround sound to Work!
I am not getting surround sound or DTS sound after updating to Kodi 17.6 version. There is no audio when I change the audio setting to 5.1 channel and enabled DTS capable receiver. Previously, I had Kodi Jarvis 16.1 and everything worked perfectly with my sound system. Can anyone help me please to resolve this issue? Thx.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I had a similar issue today with regards DTS audio embedded in FLAC files. Only white noise was coming from my AVR.

I made a modification to the HTPC, removing the installed soundcard and instead am now using the Graphics Card's HDMI cable to pass the audio, as the soundcard (via SPDIF Optical) would pass through Dolby Digital to the amp, but not Dolby Digital Plus. Anyhow, that's a side issue...

What I eventually realised, is that in the case of the multi-disc album I was attempting to play, with one disc's tracks being encoded in DTS but encapsulated in FLAC files (for tagging support), that the reason I was only getting 'white noise' on the DTS tracks was down to the fact I had processed the entire album (all discs) with dBpoweramp's ReplayGain filter at rip time. Kodi was reading these tags, and applying ReplayGain values to both the ordinary FLAC files as well as the DTS-encoded ones, hence the audio was no longer bit-perfect and white noise was all that came through the amp.

Removing all four ReplayGain tags from the DTS-encoded files (Track Gain, Track Peak, Album Gain, Album Peak) allowed the AVR to successfully recognize that they were valid DTS encoded streams, and processed them correctly. The Audio output on the amp successfully changing from "PCM, Dolby ProLogic IIz" to "DTS" on the VFD display for those tracks.

The only drawback to this is the fact that the DTS files were of a much higher volume on playback than the regular FLACs, but this is to be expected as no volume stabilization can be applied to these files without them no longer being bit perfect DTS streams.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] [Krypton] Passthrough not working3