Android Best File Sharing Method
Hello, there might be an easy answer to this but I can't find it..

What's the best way to access my Android Kodi folders from my Windows PC, to erase files or send movies to the Android Box memory etc..

I tried the ES File Manager/FTP method and found it unreliable (plus I rather not have to exit Kodi and turn and turn on a switch for access).

Samba, SSH, UpNp? What's easiest to set up and most Drag-and-Drop like for an Android box?

Thanks a million in advance!
Samba. I tried FTP from ES and it worked but it wasn't that easy to use.
(2016-10-04, 22:26)DaLanik Wrote: Samba. I tried FTP from ES and it worked but it wasn't that easy to use.

Thanks DaLanik. Where did you find out how to set it up?
There is nothing much to setup - just select your whole internal storage to be the samba share and set it to run on startup....

I mean this one: SambaDroid

I think free version has limitation of only 1 share (but in my case that was enough)

D.
Works like a charm, thanks a million!
Just in case someone has problems with accessing SMB shares on Android Box with Sambadroid from Windows 10 PC; happened to me all of a sudden it stopped working with error:

Code:
\\Remote-Server\Path is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The resolution:

* run regedit as Administrator
* Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters
* make new DWORD (32 bit value)
* Name the new key AllowInsecureGuestAuth
* change the value to 1
* Close regedit

If you’re using a Microsoft Account (MSA) to sign into Windows 10, you also need to create a user account with access permissions configured in SambaDroid:
* Open Control Panel
* Go to User Accounts
* Open Manage Windows Credentials
* Go to Windows Credentials tab
* Add a Windows credential.
* Enter the server (Android Box) name as the network address, then enter the user name (email adress) and password that you use to logon to your PC
* hit OK
* add this user account (email adress) to Sambadroid under user accounts

That's it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best File Sharing Method0