Standby via MCE Remote on OE 7
Hi there

i´m trying to setup a mce remote connected via USB with openelec 7.0 (Kodi 16.1) and encountered the problem that pressing the "on/off"-Button does shutdown the computer instead of sending it to standby (S3 or STR). If i suspend the computer via menu ist works just fine and it can be woken up by pressing the remotes "on/off"-button. I think this has something to do with the OS Power-Settings. I´m not very eperienced with Linux so every help is appreciated.

cheers

al
Please head towards oe forum, as this is an OS issue, not a Kodi one.

Thanks for your understanding.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
You could try changing the shutdown method to 'suspend' in the kodi settings, under appearance I think (though it has moved around in 8)
(2016-10-05, 12:31)fritsch Wrote: Please head towards oe forum, as this is an OS issue, not a Kodi one.

Thanks for your understanding.

It hurts to be sent away Smile .......but they don´t seem to know a solution to my problem either. I was hoping that there ist someone here who has got it working since eHome-Remotes are pretty common.

btw: Grüsse aus Sindelfingen Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Standby via MCE Remote on OE 70