TMM/Plex integration
I'm working on a simple media server and I'm getting great results save for one thing. I've got Plex running great using MKV files, and I'm using TinyMediamager to scrape info from the internet. It's adding things to the media folders for Plex to read but the episode titles, while changes in TMM, aren't changing in Plex. They still read "Episode 5" despite TMM grabbing it's title and pertinent photos.

Thanks very much for any input. I'm sure it's something simple in TMM.
2 things:
1. It may be better to post this in the tiny media manager section as writing the nfos actually has nothing to do with kodi.
2. I would assume there is a way to refresh the video in plex, but seeing as how this is a kodi forum, again you may have better results posting on the correct forum Tongue
(2016-10-05, 20:44)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: 2 things:
1. It may be better to post this in the tiny media manager section as writing the nfos actually has nothing to do with kodi.
2. I would assume there is a way to refresh the video in plex, but seeing as how this is a kodi forum, again you may have better results posting on the correct forum Tongue

Whoops, sorry about that, I thought I had the right one/couldn't find that one. I'll look again, thanks.
I'm working on a simple media server and I'm getting great results save for one thing. I've got Plex running great using MKV files, and I'm using TinyMediamager to scrape info from the internet. It's adding things to the media folders for Plex to read but the episode titles, while changes in TMM, aren't changing in Plex. They still read "Episode 5" despite TMM grabbing it's title and pertinent photos.

Thanks very much for any input. I'm sure it's something simple in TMM.
Threads merged to the correct place.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2016-10-05, 20:54)Dangelus Wrote: Threads merged to the correct place.

Thanks, hopefully someone can provide some input. I'm able to scrape the information for my movies no problem, but when I attempted this kind of thing last year the folders containing the media got renamed automatically, and some of the episodes got their titles. It's probably something I have to set up--I'm keeping this as simple as possible (i.e. just ripping main movies sans extras).

I suppose I could type in all the episode names for the original Trek but if I could just get the damn thing to import that would be awesome. It looks like when I did it before it created a folder called "metadata" so I either used a previous version of TMM or a different scraper program.
how is plex set up to scan the folders.

I use TMM to capture all metadata, I also have it set to rename files and folders to my standards.

You have to have the right agents set up in Plex for this to work, otherwise Plex will try and figure stuff out
I'll have to look at home. Is there a FAQ on how to set up Plex with TMM (I don't need anything too complex, just ripping Blu rays to my NAS).
weird, I thought I had responded to this thread.

I've set up PLEX with a custom meta data agent (https://github.com/gboudreau/XBMCnfoMovi...ter.bundle or https://github.com/gboudreau/XBMCnfoTVImporter.bundle)

the only thing which is weird is that PLEX displays wrong poster images for new movies (dunno what is wrong there)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Great, I'll check that out. I'll note that box is Windows 10 and I saw Ubuntu directions on the download page, but hopefully it's self explanatory for us Windows users.

Just for information purposes, it would probably help to note my environment:
--2-Bay QNAP NAS with mirroring, 2x4TB disks.
--Windows 10 box, 24 GB RAM, Blu ray drive.
--I just want to stream to my PS4 and PS3 on my home network in two different rooms using the Plex app.

I had Plex running on the Windows machine, and then stopped the project to get the NAS up with it's own Plex which is working.

My process is to use MakeMKV to rip the blu ray's, Handbrake to code them and copy to the NAS storage.
Then I've been using TinyMediaManager to scrape the internet and put the photos and information in with the movie files.

My current issues are:
1. (this one with TinyMediaManager but it recently grabbed more titles when I moved the Plex location)
2. Buffering. I'm using the stock Verizon FIOS wireless router but have great speeds. Would getting a different wifi router improve this? My PS4 is actually plugged into the router but I understand that the Plex app pushes the content to the internet and back down.
3. Recently my PS3 has decided to play my movies at double speed and no sound.

Thanks for any advice you can provide me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMM/Plex integration0