buffering issues
I'm new to xbmc, especially scripts, but am getting better. I recently upgraded my xbmc to the latest version and have a ton of scripts for viewing all sorts of videos and tv. My problem is that most hang after 4 seconds with the words "buffering" on the bottom, and then hang that way for up to 5 minutes until they start again - many then rebuffer again after another 10 seconds which again takes up to 5 minutes to start. Is there something I can do with cache settings or elsewhere to solve this problem?

Thanks
Rainbow 
There's only so much you can do.

If the server is as bad as you say (eg Tudou) then your only option is to actually download the file. One of the TV links scripts used to let you do that. But TV links is down following the roamered arrest of the website's webmaster.

I presume it's been implimented in the plugins. Try pressing the white button.

your only other option is to alter your cache settings.

You'll find it in settings, then either video or audio (doesn't matter) go down to 'Cache' and increase the cache settings. It'll spend longer buffering before the video starts but hopefully you'll be able to increase it enough that it'll run straight through.

Of course that doesn't work all the time.

I suggested a python module that would test the speed at which a video file was downloading over a test period and work out the size of cache needed to play it right through - then set the cache to that and display an estimate of how long it will take to download enough to play it right through....there weren't many takers. A shame as I had pretty much figured out exactly how the script would work. My python skills just weren't up to actually doing it though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
buffering issues0