S912 Marshmallow - resolved yet. I have several boxes, deciding on next box
I really like the ninkbox TX8 not just for CPU & GPU

I also like the Sunvell T95U Pro. The Mifanstech H96 pro looks cool but phone .apk seems like gimmick to distract from true problems.

I'm currently setting up a Leelbox T95Z Plus for a Friend. He chose it. I'm just setting it up and gave me excuse to try several air mouse on his dime.

Both have ports not common to all boxes. I run Cat 6 so WiFi is not of great concern. The aux, spdif, the USB that allows USB drive to sizes of 1Tb are more important.

The TX8 has OTA but prior experience does not give me faith in updating Android much less any self installed apps.

I have looked at many many other boxes and may decide to build a micro factor case ( round would be nice but harder to fit hardware ) I have examined the Intel IPHT boxes but all run versions of CPU with 2Gb RAM cap. I would rather build a less than full on gaming machine but a powerful dual boot machine if none of the present boxes are going to be stable with S912, Android 6+ and KODI 17.

Any suggestions about the boxes I am considering or a better box? Your input would be much appreciated
NOPE not resolved. In fact so bad are the AMLogic S912 boxes I have had to issue this warning in the START HERE sticky thread:

Buggiest Android Kodi Box award of the quarter goes to:

- Any AMLogic S912 box running Android Marshmallow 6.0, like the Beelink GT1 as an example. Don't get hoodwinked by clever marketing and Tech specs people. Its been awarded a D by our very own @hdmkv. A D for Do Not Bother!

Some facts:
- any of these ARM based Android Boxes will need either an external powered Hub or for the HDD's to be self powered to work properly when connected
- Unsupported, unknown to Kodi, Bleeding edge Android AMLogic boxes are the worst possible thing you can buy. In Australia we say "you might just as well piss(urinate) you money up against a wall !"

Of course there are better boxes than the AML S912 or anything you are considering, they are all listed in the START HERE sticky thread.

With Android you have to do it right, and that means paying for support. Buying unknown Android boxes and then expecting help is going to lead you into lots of trouble.

STOP looking at just tech specs too, this is not a Kodi Arms race. We have no idea about the boxes you are considering. And in the Kodi world that is a very bad thing, because there will likely be a whole lot of Firmware bugs that makes running Kodi useless with these "ship and forget Android boxes"
AND its only going to get worse for unsupported Android Kodi boxes with Kodi Krypton 17

If you want just a cheap Kodi box that works well, head over to the LibreELEC AMLogic Subforums and get a info about a AMLogic S905 box to run Kodi on. Ditch Android all together.

Beelink GT1 Firmware is immature to say the least right now. The 2 main issues are the dark screen issue and the screen flash's green while playing some video files.
Beelink has only said fixed next OTA.. So not worth buying yet.. They are build nice tho....Haha
ADT-1 Developer Kit / Nvidia's Shield TV / Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' / Beelink GT1 / Amazon Fire TV 2 / Wetek Core / ODROID-C2 / Raspberry Pi 2 / Nexbox A5
I've seen many people In a group i follow recommending the nexbox a95x but the one with 2gb ram with S905 chip not S905x and LP 5.1
Don't have one nor have read further about it because I prefer something more official with HD netflix , etc.

Enviado desde mi Moto X vía Tapatalk!
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
S912 Marshmallow - resolved yet. I have several boxes, deciding on next box0