date in log file?
Dear Sirs/Madams,

I always have debug logging on, one thing got me thinking tonight, how do i tell what date in the log file something is logged?

I can clearly see the time something is logged, but if the log has not rotated in a while, what is the easiest way of telling what the date something was logged?

Does these figures mean aything? T:139776546334848

Many thanks for any input!

Best Regards
Patric
What do you mean by "log has not rotated in a while"?

That T:xxxxxxx is the threadID. More info at http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I think the question is around a log that's been open for some time ... the time stamps will then simply list the absolute time of the event (e.g. "17:07:53") and not give any indication of the *date* on which that event occurred.

I don't know if the log file even includes the date stamp of when the log started, so you can't start at the presumption of "the log began on Wednesday @ 13:00, so track through to see whether this is the third or fourth 17:xx:xx I've seen to work out when things went sideways".
Ah, now I see. Nope, don't think it adds date if logged stuff is over 24h. I'm going to look at logs of hardware connected for months.
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
yes, sorry, Prof Yaffle explains what i meant, i.e sometimes the logfile spans over several days, and i can only see time stamps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
date in log file?0