TVDB Scraping ineffective
Hello everybody, I'm a newbie on these forums - thanks for the hard work on what is looking like one of the best media players out there.

I'm using OSMC by the way - nice looking system.

Prior to using OSMC I used Kodi as a stand alone system I believe. It was using the confluence skin so you'll probably know what I'm talking about.
So, using the same hard drive I found that Kodi-confluence scraped the majority if not all my TV shows and anime using the TVDB.
Fast forward to now and I'm using OSMC. Using the same hard drive with the same folders and files, it seems to be yielding very few scrapes: about 7 shows of at least 30. Again using the TVDB. I also tried another scraper but I seem to be encountering the same problems.

The movie and music scraper are perfect fine. All success.

So I'm guessing this isn't much info right now, let me know what I can do about finding a log file for you or something! I've used both the confluence and osmc kodi in China by the way, using osmc now, but I don't think the firewall is affecting the scraper as it still obtains some show information.

Thanks for checking this thread out.
have you tried The Movie Database (TMDb) scraper ? ... it has TV Shows including Anime
It is likely a naming issue for your files, but a debug log (wiki) would help.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Right, however if it is indeed a naming issue it would have been evident in the confluence kodi version I used before… unless there's been a recent change in format of TV and movie names…
Here's a paste of the logfile the uploader posted:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/23387898/
Hope it's evident there!
Metadata search begins at line 931
Your naming is wrong.

Adventure Time Season 1 2 3 4 5

is not the name of a show.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB Scraping ineffective1