Is the current Pi3 sufficient for Kodi ?
Thanks for all the info and advice guys ! Especially the heat sink/case info. Something I hadn't given much thought to, as my WD Live box just sits in a plastic case.

I wasn't clear on if the 1 gb ram was enough, though I see that is not a concern. I was also wondering if the Pi team might consider adding RI capability in their next release. That would be a nice addition.
If you mean IR then either a flirc or just a receiver code and a couple of wires do fine.

I use the latter on my zero (OK it's now a proto board rather than wires, but it was originally just that) and it works fine.

One example - there are many such tutorials on the internet.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-10-08, 20:50)timstephens24 Wrote: The only thing that would make the Pi better would be lossless audio passthrough, and I guess 4k support but there's really not much need for 4k support on a small little device yet.

That's is why I got the HiFiberry. Well worth it for DTS and Dolby passthrough. My 5.1 system doesn't have HDMI, so I must use optical or the audio coax. But works perfectly.

I have a dual boot Libreelec and Recalbox installed, and they both work perfectly. Got the images here, Can easily update both
(2016-10-09, 02:32)nickr Wrote: The only advantage to passthru would be atmos and dts:x. But you can get both your desires on odroid c2.
And an IR receiver, a dirty great heat sink, 10 bit HEVC decoding, 2160p, eMMC, HDMI 2.0 ....
Ok I will shut up now Wink

Question does the RPi3 still have a Multichannel PCM Hz Audio output limitation ?

I know you asked about about RPis and I have both 2 and 3s scattered around the house and they work great with LibreElec. I also carry one with me when I travel in a Flicr case. I have to admit that the Odroid C2 is a much snappier option. I have one in my bedroom and love it. The RPis work fine and I don't plan to replace them but if I were to buy another unit the Odriod would be my first choice
@handbone. Thank you for info on hifiberry.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I will buy a Pi 3 + hifiberry for using with Kodi.
I need to recommend me where to store my files. Can somebody help me? I have +2tb on music files. Samba/FTP/SSH (I never in my life used this!!), a external HDD or a sata adapter?
I think I should buy an external drive, I know it must be self-powered. It is the safest option? What brand and model you recommend. Among 3tb and 5tb. It will be fine performance kodi? I will use it to music (flac-24bit-dts).
Thank you!
Also recommend the flirc case. I was amazed at the difference. My pi running on average 15 degrees c lower than it did inside the official white case.

There's also a good alternative (and cheaper) than the hifiberry by using an external hdmi audio extractor to take optical out to a decoder. About £15 (can send link if anyone is interested. Works perfectly for me and that also means you can keep your pi in a standard size case as you are not accommodating another board...
Sure
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
This is the audio extractor I use for optical out.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZILONG-Extracto...B010LRHNTW
(2016-10-14, 13:51)drdwridav Wrote: This is the audio extractor I use for optical out.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZILONG-Extracto...B010LRHNTW
I use something similar - cheap, works with anything, plug in and forget, and you can even combine it with a HDMI switch to use on multiple devices.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is the current Pi3 sufficient for Kodi ?0