Need a cheap box with 2GB RAM and HEVC capabilities
(2016-10-08, 21:45)RamboUnchained Wrote: Thanks for that info. Unfortunately, I have no way to make an ethernet connection in the places where I need these boxes, so a strong 5GHz receiver will have to do. 70% of my library is encoded at 720p in the HEVC main profile at a bitrate between 600-1500 with either stereo AAC or stereo AC3, so the bandwidth demands over the network aren't too hefty. I've been re-encoding my library practically non-stop for nearly 8 months and have freed up 2TB of space in that time. And with new rips, seeing them shrink from 25GB to 7-9GB without losing much noticeable quality is amazing. I've pushed my little S802 chip to it's limits. It plays most of my episodes without a hitch, but movies are really choppy since they're 1080p, HEVC Main10, with either DD5.1 or DTA-MA 7.1. Half of my PTVL movie channels won't even play in my living room lol.

Did you order your C2 and accessories from hardkernel or Amazon?
You will be fine with just dual band WiFi then.

These are the WIFI chipsets compatible with the C2's Linux Kernel:
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=21808

RTL8812AU USB ones are AC WiFi

I ordered from HardKernel in S. Korea, cheap shipping. It took ages to get to Australia. I think users find buying locally within their own countries quicker and there are no surprise taxes to pay.

Also be aware you need a HardKernel C2 or programmable Harmony remote if you want to use the Off / On IR function with LibreELEC.

Ok, so I'm on the hardkernel site and it says "dispatch in 7 days" on all of their products. Does this mean that it will be 7 days before it's even shipped or something else?
Where are you living? Might be better to buy it from a distributor of your country.
(2016-10-09, 18:56)infinity85 Wrote: Where are you living? Might be better to buy it from a distributor of your country.

I'm in the US.
@RamboUnchained, when/if you get this setup, will you please reply back to your thread here and update it on how it works out for you? thanks
In terms of delivery, I ordered from the hardkernel website on 14 September and it was delivered in NZ on 23 September. Shipping and handling was USD22.00.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-10-10, 01:20)briand095 Wrote: @RamboUnchained, when/if you get this setup, will you please reply back to your thread here and update it on how it works out for you? thanks

I most definitely will.
(2016-10-10, 01:25)nickr Wrote: In terms of delivery, I ordered from the hardkernel website on 14 September and it was delivered in NZ on 23 September. Shipping and handling was USD22.00.

Cool. I just plugged my info into the website and the C2 with power adapter, 16GB eMMC Linux module, and a case came out to $76 + $19 to ship. I'm a Prime member on Amazon and the same items, except with a 32GB UHS-1 adapter came out to be $95.42. 16 extra gigs of storage and it'll be here within 2 days of me ordering sounds like the route I'll be taking. I can deal with slower boot times, since I don't plan to reboot this thing unless I absolutely have to.
(2016-10-09, 23:33)RamboUnchained Wrote: I'm in the US.
So why not just order it from ameridroid.com? Could happen that you will be charged customs if buying from hardkernel directly.
(2016-10-08, 19:11)RamboUnchained Wrote: Awesome! So, I can just buy any cheap ole box and throw LE on it since all I need is the hardware, right?

Actually yes, it can be that simple as long as you do your reading first on LibreElec forums. Pick the right box and it's simple as stinking LibreElec on a Micro SDHC card, sticking it in the box, and booting off MicroSD, LibreElec boots straight into kodi and your good to go.

You can keep the original android OS on the intenal NAND for dual boot...Want to use android, easy.pop the the SD card out and the box will boot into android..

Yes , you would be right in noticing that the ratings for the cheaper devices are pretty biased, the infomration pages are also out of date for them, i,e: things like multichannel PCM , audio pastrhtough are listed as not working..Whereas they have been fixed and are working...

Then again, the expensiver devices, also happen to be Kodi sponsors...so do your own math...dont believe everything you read, have a read at LibreElec forums. If you have basic IT skills and can do a bit of reading and follow instructions some of the generic S905 devices are fantastically capable.. Avoid S912 devices for now, S905X are also a bit of a gamble.. So stick to standard S905

Head start, Beelink MiniMX, MiniMXv1 and Minix MX III are all very compatible woth LibreElec builds which is why they are popular. Other devices such as nexbox , Mini m8s etc also work...but they are not as good and take a bit more work..
(2016-10-10, 12:06)gsmtech Wrote:
(2016-10-08, 19:11)RamboUnchained Wrote: Awesome! So, I can just buy any cheap ole box and throw LE on it since all I need is the hardware, right?

Actually yes, it can be that simple as long as you do your reading first on LibreElec forums. Pick the right box and it's simple as stinking LibreElec on a Micro SDHC card, sticking it in the box, and booting off MicroSD, LibreElec boots straight into kodi and your good to go.

You can keep the original android OS on the intenal NAND for dual boot...Want to use android, easy.pop the the SD card out and the box will boot into android..

Yes , you would be right in noticing that the ratings for the cheaper devices are pretty biased, the infomration pages are also out of date for them, i,e: things like multichannel PCM , audio pastrhtough are listed as not working..Whereas they have been fixed and are working...

Then again, the expensiver devices, also happen to be Kodi sponsors...so do your own math...dont believe everything you read, have a read at LibreElec forums. If you have basic IT skills and can do a bit of reading and follow instructions some of the generic S905 devices are fantastically capable.. Avoid S912 devices for now, S905X are also a bit of a gamble.. So stick to standard S905

Head start, Beelink MiniMX, MiniMXv1 and Minix MX III are all very compatible woth LibreElec builds which is why they are popular. Other devices such as nexbox , Mini m8s etc also work...but they are not as good and take a bit more work..

Wow, that Mini MX looks pretty sweet, costs less, and seems to be pretty easy to set up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need a cheap box with 2GB RAM and HEVC capabilities0