Volume "broken" in Sierra/Kodi 17
I recently upgraded to Sierra and Kodi 17 as well, so I don't know what caused what, but the situation is as follows;

I have a number of shares on my NAS, which I access using AFP. I mount the shares on my OSX desktop, as "Films", "Series", "Music", and "Pictures". That has worked beautifully for years.

However, after the recent updates I realised that whereas "Music", "Pictures", and "Series" work as expected, "Films" does not. Kodi simply didn't see the volume, and I found out that the "Films" volume no longer is called "Films", but "Films~1", hence Kodi does not see the correct volume.

This even changes, and after a reboot, I sometimes can indeed see the "Films" volume as "Films", and sometimes as "Films~1".

I tried switching to SMB and the same holds true.

Any help?
I switched to NFS a long time ago to avoid all this. SMB should work however.
What NAS are you using ?
Did you try to mount to the share manually in MacOS first? In finder, with connect to server ?
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
I am using a ReadyNAS Pro NAS, and have found that AFP is much much faster than any of the other protocols, hence my reluctance to switching...

I have now changed my mounting script slightly, in order that "Films" is not the first one to mount, and that seems to make a difference. When I did it manually it also seemed to work, but I don't know for sure, because as I said, it was not consistent.

Apple screwed a few things up with Sierra, which leads me to believe that it could be that upgrade which is causing the issue. For instance, when you mount a share, it will prompt for the username/password, even if you save the combo in the Keychain. It is prefilled, but you have to confirm.

However, it is annoying that when you change the path of a media volume, it starts from scratch in Kodi.
I started using a small app to mount shares and prevent all this and unwanted stuff like unmount, not connecting.
Its woth checking out imo.

https://appgineers.de/mountain/index.html
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
Mountain 1.6.2. looked promising until I started using it. It does not work with the shares I have on my NAS, and Apple still requires you to confirm Name/Password on the first mount, despite clicking to save the info in KeyChain...
(2016-10-09, 14:02)KillerBob Wrote: Mountain 1.6.2. looked promising until I started using it. It does not work with the shares I have on my NAS, and Apple still requires you to confirm Name/Password on the first mount, despite clicking to save the info in KeyChain...

Seems Apple is pulling tricks on you. Did you try to delete the keychain entry and re-enter it ?
Yep.

It is a known issue, lot's of people have mounting scripts and are experiencing this. Apple acknowleded it, but says it is a security "feature". At least for SMB and AFP mounts you need to verify identity, and will be prompted for credentials every time.

As for Mountain, I didn't even get my NAS/shares in its menu...
You could use path subs (wiki) to cheat it. Make "Films~1" just point to "Films".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume "broken" in Sierra/Kodi 170