Booting right into KODI
Probably the username or password is incorrect then.

On the Pi, with Kodi running, navigate to the 'System info' window. The resulting summary window will not only tell you the IP address of the Pi, but it will also tell you which OS you are running on.

Once you know the distribution that your Pi is running, you can look up the default username and password for that distribution.

Then you do

ssh [email protected] (remembering to substitute piusername for the default username for your Pi distro, and 192.168.x.x for the actual IP of your Pi).

Enter the default password when requested (password for that username on the Pi, not the password for your PC) and you should be looking at a prompt from your Pi.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2016-10-17, 07:33)black_eagle Wrote: Probably the username or password is incorrect then.

On the Pi, with Kodi running, navigate to the 'System info' window. The resulting summary window will not only tell you the IP address of the Pi, but it will also tell you which OS you are running on.

Once you know the distribution that your Pi is running, you can look up the default username and password for that distribution.

Then you do

ssh [email protected] (remembering to substitute piusername for the default username for your Pi distro, and 192.168.x.x for the actual IP of your Pi).

Enter the default password when requested (password for that username on the Pi, not the password for your PC) and you should be looking at a prompt from your Pi.

All right, did some internet browsing and found username and password and correct ip address.
Only the username after @ is still a problem. Whatever name I use "root" or "livingroom" (that is what I remember giving this Pi 's name),
I am repeatedly getting this response:

"ssh: connect to host 192.168.2.4 port 22: Connection refused"

So I am stuck here. I think I will do a complete reinstall to get rid of this frustrating problem.

Thanks for the help anyway.
Well if you do not have SSH enabled then of course nothing will happen, ha ha haaa!!
After enabling SSH in Kodi and getting the string in terminal then it asks for a password.
"openelec" as a default password did not do the trick.
So I am still stuck......

After some further experimenting I
finally got it!!
I used ssh [email protected] and after giving the default password I could enter!

But what is the next step to do?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Booting right into KODI0