Kodi interprets hTaB 3D input as hSbS
I'm trying to watch a stereoscopic video file that has hTaB (Half-OU) layout. To do that, i'm selecting the Over / Under 3D format in Kodi when playing it.
This used to work before (a couple of months ago), but not anymore. Now the resulting image looks as if Kodi interprets the video stream as having half-SbS layout: it takes left half of the frame (i.e. left half of the left eye frame stacked on top of left half of the right eye frame) and designates it as "left eye frame", then takes the right half of the frame (right half of the left eye frame stacked on top of the right half of the right eye frame) and designates that as "right eye frame". Then it stretches these two eye frames horizontally (so that they are 1920 pixels wide, instead of 960) and squashes them vertically (so that they are 540 pixels tall, instead of 1080), and stacks them on top of each other - and that is what Kodi displays.

Tried both Kodi for Debian 16.1+dfsg1-2 (sid) and 17.0~beta2+dfsg1-1 (experimental).
This doesn't happen on Windows with Kodi 16.1.

By itself this is easy to work around by just disabling 3D mode and showing video stream as-is. This screws up the UI, but that is not a big problem for me. The real issue is that disabling 3D mode also prevents Kodi from correctly displaying 3D subtitles (the only reason to use Kodi instead of VLC).
Found why this is happening, so it's not a problem anymore. Thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi interprets hTaB 3D input as hSbS0