Anniversary update stops Xbox media remote from working?
Hi,

I control Kodi on a windows 10 HTPC using a XBox media remote (ehome driver) and a receiver from an old microsoft media centre remote. It's always worked fine with Kodi, however after the anniversary update got applied, the remote stopped working. If I roll the update back, it works fine again - so it's definitely the update causing problems. After the update, there are no problems listed in device manager. The problem doesn't appear to be Kodi specific, since 'Showkey' doesn't show any action when I press remote buttons, even though the red light on the receiver lights up. I read that the anniversary update resets the registry keys for what buttons do what, but I tried backing up & re-applying those settings after the update, to no avail.

Any ideas?
Just run the program to update the registry again. It's true that the AU resets the remote registry settings. And hust as easy they can be updated to have the remote work as desired again
Thanks, unfortunately I've tried that & it doesn't work. The settings are correct, but the PC isn't responding to any keypresses.
You didn't forget the restart after updating the registry?
Nope! As I say, showkey doesn't register any button presses, so it's not that the buttons are incorrectly mapped.
The latest anniversary update resets some keys that prevents windows from recognizing the codes.
Always make sure you backup the Keys you are going to change.

Find the registry changes for your Xbox mce remote here (1.11):

http://kodi.wiki/view/Remote_control_rev...e_Contr​ol

Regards,

Atreyu

\edit: Added better link
(2016-10-11, 19:02)Atreyu Wrote: The latest anniversary update resets some keys that prevents windows from recognizing the codes.
Always make sure you backup the Keys you are going to change.

Find the registry changes for your Xbox mce remote here (1.11):

http://kodi.wiki/view/Remote_control_rev...e_Contr​ol

Regards,

Atreyu

\edit: Added better link

Ahh - I'd completely forgotten about those codesetnum registry keys that need editing, I remembered it working straight out of the box. I'll try those later, but it certainly looks like that's the problem!
Worked for me ;-)
We have a winner - working fine now, thanks for reminding me of those settings!
Feels good when it comes back alive, eh?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anniversary update stops Xbox media remote from working?0