NEED SOME TIPS OR A LINK TO ORGANIZING HOME PAGE
I am now into making my personal kodi and have gotten fairly far but I am having trouble with organizing. I am not on pc I am on android device. On the main page I have added my own tabs so I have like movies, kids, cooking, documentaries ,etc etc. On my video tab are all of my addons and I am now trying to load my tabs like kids with all of my kids addons and my documentaries with all of my documentary addons. How can I do this ? I cant seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Can someone post a link maybe ?
There's a lot of links im my sig, and the wiki at the top left of this page will bring you to many topics that should help. In general most users that want to divide usage between adults and children would use the profiles function, Profiles (wiki) which would allow you to set-up a special log in for kids and only videos that you select would be available to them. (can be password locked). Kodi as a media manager has hundreds of different ways to slice and dice your library and goes beyond the scope of your question atm, suffice to say a huge percentage of forum activity is around this issue.

The first mistake I see new users doing is that they try to micro manage the library, when Kodi should handle all of this auto-magically. Keep TV shows separate from your movies (different source folders or drives without cross over). Best to store movies in their own folder named as the movie with date e.g. "Starwars (1995)", instead of a big flat file that's a huge jumble. If your collection is going to be large, you might want to consider a separate source for each 300 titles or less, (faster reads for the o/s) and in that suggestion, you'll find your documentaries in one folder, while animations/cartoon in another etc. All these sources will be available in file mode for handling, splitting, moving etc.

Follow the new user wiki and I don't think you will run into trouble. Quick start guide (wiki)

A few out-of-the-box links

http://lifehacker.com/5536963/the-ultima...dia-center
http://lifehacker.com/5900626/create-a-k...lete-guide

Lastly but most important, a lot of the naming of titles breaks the scraper so an overlook here would be good Naming video files/Movies (wiki)

P.S. Welcome to the forums
Thank you and great links - I'm still having a bit of an issue though. Why I'm trying to do in a nutshell is organize my addons. My sports, movies, cartoons, cooking, documentary etc - all addons . Is there a link that emphasizes more on this particular topic ?

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-10-11, 22:20)mrpepdog Wrote: Thank you and great links - I'm still having a bit of an issue though. Why I'm trying to do in a nutshell is organize my addons. My sports, movies, cartoons, cooking, documentary etc - all addons . Is there a link that emphasizes more on this particular topic ?

typie typie on iPhone

Add-ons are organised by their type such as Music, Video, Programs etc.

Add-ons categorised in the manner you are describing are usually found in 3rd party piracy builds of Kodi which we do not offer any support for whatsoever.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Add-on:Super Favourites (wiki)
(2016-10-11, 22:30)Dangelus Wrote:
(2016-10-11, 22:20)mrpepdog Wrote: Thank you and great links - I'm still having a bit of an issue though. Why I'm trying to do in a nutshell is organize my addons. My sports, movies, cartoons, cooking, documentary etc - all addons . Is there a link that emphasizes more on this particular topic ?

typie typie on iPhone

Add-ons categorised in the manner you are describing are usually found in 3rd party piracy builds of Kodi which we do not offer any support for whatsoever.

No I'm not using any 3rd party I'm just adding addons on my own but they all go straight to video and I'd like to send them to other main menu folders

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-10-12, 06:23)mrpepdog Wrote:
(2016-10-11, 22:30)Dangelus Wrote:

typie typie on iPhone

No I'm not using any 3rd party I'm just adding addons on my own but they all go straight to video and I'd like to send them to other main menu folders

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

You misunderstand. If you are using add-ons that provide "sports, movies, cartoons, cooking, documentary etc" then they are very likely 3rd party as Kodi does not provide content. Those menu entries are not available in an unmodified Kodi.

As PatK suggests, take a look at http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Super%20Favourites as this may help your situation.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Google for how to configure the skin you are using.

Just curios which one are you using?
(2016-10-12, 08:55)Jeffers24 Wrote:

Google for how to configure the skin you are using.

Just curios which one are you using?

It's the default one , it's blue

Sent from my iPhone

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NEED SOME TIPS OR A LINK TO ORGANIZING HOME PAGE0