Apple TV 4 keeps restarting (tvos 9.0.1)
(2016-10-11, 21:51)mikecrazylight Wrote: Hello Guys,

Do you have an old remote (white one)! It's the new remote who does this!
So try the old one, restart with this and problem solved.
It can come back with the new remote, but this bug can only be solved with upgrading or use the old remote in between.

Greetz, Mike

Ooh - interesting... I've not got an old remote but I will try downloading the iphone app remote and see if that works. Did you watch the video above though? I seemed to be happening even without touching the remote...
Has anybody tried kodi on ATV 4 using IpaWind?
(2016-10-12, 01:15)ZombieTrev Wrote: Has anybody tried kodi on ATV 4 using IpaWind?

These types of services are against Apple's terms for developers so they (Apple) could revoke their certificates at any time if they found out...

Plus... they pretty much outright steal from developers by providing paid applications for free... (please read the forum rules (wiki) regarding piracy)

Also, most of these will just run the codesign utility on the main .app bundle which won't work for Kodi...

cydia impactor is the same way... it doesn't sign the binary add-ons so they don't load... the app starts though (but impactor doesn't work with the ATV4)

I guess cydia impactor does in fact sign the binary add-ons... my bad... although when I tested it with my Apple TV it doesn't seem to work as it appears to use the iOS profile instead of the tvOS one
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
(2016-10-12, 01:15)ZombieTrev Wrote: Has anybody tried kodi on ATV 4 using IpaWind?

I've been using ipwnstore for almost 9 months,never had a problem with Kodi working on it, I create an IPA with the latest Kodi build with iOS signer then upload the IPA to ipwnstore so that it gets signed for use on my Apple TV, never been a problem since, I'm not sure of the legality of it but as far I'm aware it's against apples rules but not the law.
If apple hadn't changed the free developer 3 month limit these loopholes wouldn't have to be exploited.
Question?
What happens when Apple revokes the developer account from sites like ipwn... etc, where your Udid is registered.
Does this mean that your ATV doesn't work anymore!
Only the apps signed with that certificate will stop working ... And you get ill of course whenever you touch the remote... Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
For crashing Apple TV4 with 9.0 or 9.0.1 firmware...

Follow these steps using SSH

Login using your Mac terminal ssh [email protected]
password: alpine and I suggest to change the password by using following commmand

passwd

Before using SSH to your Apple TV4 you must use XCode and use Pangu. and click on Pangu to jailbreak it and then use SSH into your Apple TV4

wget http://nitosoft.com/ATV4/fixBoot.sh (press enter)
chmod +x fixBoot.sh (press enter)
./fixBoot.sh (press enter)

Must type exact command ATV4 is capital letter as well as fixBoot.sh where "B" is capital

This will stops your crash issue.
This was a old bug on apples servers. Moving the apps from the top row would fix it for most of the time when the bug existed. Also the App Store used to crash and the search app as well. At this time it has been fixed on apples side. Likely they had a bug in their bag.plist being served to the aTV4 for the tv shows, movies, search and App Store apps.

http://www.sinfuliphone.com/showthread.php?t=10089435
Duplicate post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 4 keeps restarting (tvos 9.0.1)0