X96 Smart TV Box no sound
I have recently purchased an X96 Smart TV Box, I'm not sure if it is something tha I have inadvertently done but I now have a red circled speaker in the top right hand box which I can't get rid off which means I have no sound. Can anyone help?
These typically come with a lot of dodgy addons and the like pre-installed, so I would start by erasing the user data from the Kodi app.

I would then check the system settings to see where sound is directed there. I am assuming you're connecting via HDMI directly to your television?
I believe that has been done by the guy who set the box up for me, the sound was there when I got it a couple of weeks back, it may have been the way I have closed it down or something, apparently I'm not alone with this issue as there are various posts on you tube relating to this problem, not necessarily with the X96 but with various other brands of smart TV boxes unfortunately I have not come across a solution as yet that solves my problem, one suggestion has been to purchase a wireless keyboard and by pressing f9 this will apparently solve the problem and take the mute off. I have now ordered a wireless keyboard and hopefully this works. If anyone else has experienced this or can suggest a solution please feel free to pass this on.
If you had someone else set it up, all the more reason to reset it to factory default settings, and take it from there. AFAIK, you can access almost all functionality with a standard remote, no need for a keyboard to troubleshoot the problem.

Also, according to http://kodi.wiki/view/keyboard_controls F9 is not one of the standard mapped keys.
Hi i found that pressing the OK button and volume up at the same time sorted the problem hope this helpsSmile
Moved to Android forum.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
I have an X96 too with No Sound. Tried the Ok and volume buttons but this didn't work for me. The Audio Device is greyed out so I can't change anything there. Does anyone know if it is a Kodi problem or a X96 box problem or my TV? I have tried it on two different TV's now to no avail. Any advise/help would be much appreciated.

Oh I'm not very tech savy so might have to be in plain English. Thanks :-)
Post your Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
i had a simlar issue tonight withthe sound sudnley dropping out using the palm keyboard i got rid of the red speaker in the top right corner of the screen but stiill no sound and after playing with sound settings for a couple of hours , a eurka moment i had sound when i pluged in a digital audio lead

step 1 go to android my apps screen
step 2 go to settings tab
step 3 in the settings tab go to sounds tab
step 4 in the sounds tab go to Digital sounds
step 5 in digital sounds select hdmi
we have sound again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
X96 Smart TV Box no sound0