What is a good skin to get started?
Hi there fellow Kodi developers,

A year ago, I started looking at creating my own Kodi skin, and I was looking at Hitcher's excellent Foundation skin.
Things happened, and I had to pause my work for a while. However now I am ready to pick it up.

I wanted to ask you if there is any skin that is relatively straightforward to pick apart and build off of.
Of course, I refer to the Wiki, but out of context, it is a little difficult to see how things work together.

Thanks very much in advance!
Hitchers Conq skin is always a good start to learn, but I don't know if he - or anyone else - has updated it in the last few months.
Since Krypton is going to have a lot of skin engine changes, I suggest you to start with Estuary.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
I maintain a mod of Conq for Krypton - see my sig - though it's a little behind on the latest Krypton changes (will be updated later in the week) and is more complex than the original. But as my mod doesn't make full use of all the latest features of the skinning engine features - params in includes, expressions, and so on - I'd also give a vote to starting with Estuary.
Thanks so much!
I will take a look at both Estuary and Conq!!

BTW @sualfred, I love your FireTV skin and use it on my HTPC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is a good skin to get started?0