Cleaning the library leaves database entries?
I recently removed some shows from my library, deleted the files/folder and ran the clean library option; they're still in the database and the logs.

Quote:14:17:26 T:10124 WARNING: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner:Tonguerocess directory 'smb://xxxxxxx/showname/' does not exist - skipping scan.

If I open and browse the mySQL database, the shows are still listed in the "path" table.

Is this normal?
Echo echo echo?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272112
Also if you want to delete obsolete thumbnails:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=264018
That add-on isn't necessary for my usage; I only use Kodi for local media scanned into the library, not streaming.

The files have gone from the front-end of the Kodi library, but they're still in the mySQL database and the logs refer to them as missing.

The cleaning option isn't working as described for me; http://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_removi...ing_videos
Whatever.
The addon doesn't just clear streams.
Didn't you read the first post?
Yeah, the addon will (or rather can) remove anything that isn't defined as a source in your sources.xml file. So if you have removed the source from Kodi, then it'll remove anything it finds in the FILES table in your db that references that <removed> source.

If you have stuff in the PATHS table, but not in the files table then as the addon currently stands, it probably won't find anything to remove. (The addon can be set to create a log file, detailing what would be removed in the event of actually triggering the clean). It'll also tell you how many paths it found that need removing.

Funnily enough, I do have a version of it that cleans the PATHS table as well as the FILES table. It ONLY works for MySQL currently, not for sqlite3.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2016-10-15, 12:30)black_eagle Wrote: Yeah, the addon will (or rather can) remove anything that isn't defined as a source in your sources.xml file. So if you have removed the source from Kodi, then it'll remove anything it finds in the FILES table in your db that references that <removed> source.

If you have stuff in the PATHS table, but not in the files table then as the addon currently stands, it probably won't find anything to remove. (The addon can be set to create a log file, detailing what would be removed in the event of actually triggering the clean). It'll also tell you how many paths it found that need removing.

Funnily enough, I do have a version of it that cleans the PATHS table as well as the FILES table. It ONLY works for MySQL currently, not for sqlite3.

It would appear this add-on doesn't do what I need either.

I just ran it and it left behind the same entries in the 'path' and 'files' tables; does it not check sub-directories?
The entries I want removed are in a sub-folder of what's specified in my source file.

Source file entry is smb://192.168.0.110/Shares/Media/Tv Shows/ and the show I deleted was a sub of that path.

The add-on log reveals pretty much nothing; it just removed a single reference to when I pointed to my NAS by name and not IP.
It doesn't check anything on disk.

Without seeing the logs, I imagine that 'smb://192.168.0.110/Shares/Media/TV Shows/' is added as a source and therefore that path will be excluded. If you have the latest version (0.5.6) then there is a setting where you can specify a path to remove. In your case, ''smb://192.168.0.110/Shares/Media/TV Shows/REMOVED SHOW' (Do not terminate the path with '/').

Obviously, back-up your database first.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2016-10-16, 06:44)black_eagle Wrote: It doesn't check anything on disk.

Without seeing the logs, I imagine that 'smb://192.168.0.110/Shares/Media/TV Shows/' is added as a source and therefore that path will be excluded. If you have the latest version (0.5.6) then there is a setting where you can specify a path to remove. In your case, ''smb://192.168.0.110/Shares/Media/TV Shows/REMOVED SHOW' (Do not terminate the path with '/').

Obviously, back-up your database first.

If it can't compare database entries to files, I'll just echo what I said before.
This add-on isn't necessary for my usage; I only use Kodi for local media scanned into the library, not streaming.

If I need to manually tell the add-on to clean specified file paths, since I have direct access to the database, I might as well just manually remove the database entries myself.

Thanks for your input, but this add-on isn't for me.
When I delete individual shows, I go to the menu listing for it and click on it. Kodi then says the file isn't there any more and do I want to remove from the library. It works for me. (I'm mostly deleting duplicates, so I want to know that I'm getting rid of just the file I've deleted)
My process was..

1. Go into File View
2. Select the show
3. Change the "Content type" to none.
4. When Kodi prompts to remove the show, I hit yes.
5. Then via Unix delete the shows folder and sub-folders.

Shows are removed from 'library', but not the database.

I've realised this isn't the best place to ask the questions, so I've asked for clarification here; http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=294011

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cleaning the library leaves database entries?0