Userdata on USB stick reverts back to SD card
(2016-10-13, 11:54)speedwell68 Wrote:
(2016-10-13, 09:00)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-10-13, 08:04)speedwell68 Wrote: It is easier and quicker to just copy the relevant files directly to the USB drive directly using a PC.
Not sure what you mean here.
Sticking the USB drive in a windows pc isn't going to work for guisettings.xml - it's on the ext4 partition.
If I want to move 1 .xml from 1 running pi to another it doesn't get any easier than what the OP just did...Huh

My bad. I forget that not everyone runs a Linux based OS on their PC. Reading an ext4 partition is a doddle for me. TBH when hacking around with a Raspberry Pi having a PC running Linux is a god send at times. It doesn't have to be anything flashy, any old PC with something lightweight like Lubuntu will do.
It's still quicker to leave both pi's running if you're just moving a file. I'd have that file moved in less time than it takes to get off my bum, walk up 2 flights of stairs and turn the pi off (to get to the sd card). Wink
Anyway if he has a pi he has a linux computer. Attach an ext4 thingumabob to a pi and you can mess with it in windows to your heart's content.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Userdata on USB stick reverts back to SD card0