stepforward/stepback
seeking forward and back with the left and right remote arrows during video playback isn't working for me. is there anything i can do to the remote.xml keymap to get this working again? the keymap appears to be correct as far as i can tell. thanks
If by stepback you mean stepping ten seconds (default but configurable?) backwards or forward as with a "normal" remote I strongly and heartily support that function of the remote and want it added. It's probably my most used playback control, even more so than start and stop... When watching some sport events I use it all the time, stepping back a few seconds, looking at something and then stepping back again to focus on some other detail.

(Which reminds me of really, really missing a frame-step function... :\ a subject for another thread...)
I third this motion! This was a favorite of mine in the old "Official XBMC Remote" that seems to no longer be developed nor even work since Kore came out.
OK, according to the Beta test post, this has been available since version 1.5, "if EventServer is enabled in the media center's configuration, and accessible in Kodi".

I have:
  • Settings | Network | Web Server | Allow remote control via HTTP = Enabled
  • Settings | Network | Remote Control | Allow remote control by programs on this system = Enabled
  • Settings | Network | Remote Control | Allow remote control by programs on other systems = Enabled

What else needs to be enabled to make this work?
Ah, found it!!

The answer's here. You actually have to enable it in Kore, not just in Kodi. That, unfortunately, isn't all that clear in the Beta test post I mentioned above.
Kodi settings proper as described, port 9777 open, but Kore eventserver checkbox does not stay checked, seems to uncheck itself
Wonderful!

Many thanks FreeMan! (And all of the developers too, of course...!)

from http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2325903 :

Quote:In Kodi go to System -> Settings -> Services -> Remote control and enable the option "Allow remote control by programs on other systems"

In Kore go to the media center list (top item on the side menu), tap on your media center and enable "Use EventServer".

Make sure that port 9777 isn't blocked.
(2016-11-26, 17:49)FreeMan xbmc Wrote: Ah, found it!!

The answer's here. You actually have to enable it in Kore, not just in Kodi. That, unfortunately, isn't all that clear in the Beta test post I mentioned above.

Are you using Kodi 17 Krypton? Event server will not work for me in Krypton.
i found out this must be a bug in Krypton, for me at least with Vista SP2. i uninstalled Krypton and installed Jarvis and event server work, as well as the adaptive seeking.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
stepforward/stepback0