Kodi error after Windows 10 restart
I don't know where I should post this, but I really hope it is ok.
I don't use Kodi that much but yesterday was the first time I saw this error when opening Kodi "ERROR: Exception caught on main loop. Exiting"

The problem only occurs when I run Kodi with my GPU (GTX 560M) and it does not happen with my integrated graphics (Intel 3000 HD)
So I guess there are some GPU issues. I can enter Kodi if I reinstall my GPU drivers and never restart since the problems occurs when I restart but does get fixed when I reinstall the driver.
I can also run Kodi if I only run it with my Intel 3000 HD graphics which I really don't want to.

I don't know if this is a Windows 10 issue or a Nvidia issue or a Kodi issue.
After the last big "windows anniversary update" that was on Windows 10, I noticed that Windows changed some settings. Like it was resetting everything. Some drivers was even uninstalled.
I wonder if something gets turned off when I restart my laptop.

I really don't know and I'm wondering if anyone here knew anything about it.
The Intel HD 3000 is more than enough to Kodi, no need to use your mobile nvidia gpu.
(2016-10-13, 09:08)afedchin Wrote: The Intel HD 3000 is more than enough to Kodi, no need to use your mobile nvidia gpu.

Yeah, I just use the integrated graphics for it now. Don't want to bother to check what is wrong.
There are some people having the same issue, but nothing solved really. Who knows what it could be.
Could be Windows, GPU or the Kodi itself.
As you said:
(2016-10-12, 02:01)Kiicki Wrote: The problem only occurs when I run Kodi with my GPU (GTX 560M) and it does not happen with my integrated graphics (Intel 3000 HD)
So I guess there are some GPU issues. ... I can also run Kodi if I only run it with my Intel 3000 HD graphics which I really don't want to.
likely it's an issue of nvidia drivers. There is nothing to fix on Kodi side.
(2016-10-13, 17:00)afedchin Wrote: As you said:
(2016-10-12, 02:01)Kiicki Wrote: The problem only occurs when I run Kodi with my GPU (GTX 560M) and it does not happen with my integrated graphics (Intel 3000 HD)
So I guess there are some GPU issues. ... I can also run Kodi if I only run it with my Intel 3000 HD graphics which I really don't want to.
likely it's an issue of nvidia drivers. There is nothing to fix on Kodi side.

The weird thing is that Kodi works when I reinstall the nvidia drivers. When I restart my computer and open Kodi again, the error will happen again.
Really weird.
Before you restart your PC it's likely that a some default windows driver works. After restart the nvidia driver works.
(2016-10-14, 00:34)afedchin Wrote: Before you restart your PC it's likely that a some default windows driver works. After restart the nvidia driver works.

The nvidia drivers works all the time. Even before restart. It says that I run with the Nvidia in Kodi under system or something.
It doesn't matter. It doesn't lag or anything when I use my integrated graphics so I just use that one.
Maybe things will get fixed in the future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi error after Windows 10 restart0