v17 Cannot install repository or addon or even a language
Hello grendizer,

If you are having problems with RSSFeeds, then this may help... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2621342
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
You need admin rights to work in that folder tree.

How are you editing it? Try right-clicking on your editor icon and use the option to run as administrator (or run using another account and use an account with admin privs) and then see if you can do it.

Or alternatively use an editor like notepad++ which can detect when admin privs are required and will alert you to the fact and offer the log-in directly.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hello Darren, thanks for the help, I never tried to open Notepad in admin mode before. unfortunately, this didn't work neither.
Here's what I get when I chose file > save > no txt estension > overwrite existing file.

Sorry my keyboard does not have a print screen button ! Laugh

BTW, update interval is seconds, minutes or hours, day?

Edit : after more research, Googling and tests, I think there is no way to fix this problem, I tried everything. If I'm not the only one with this issue, it could be a problem for those wanting to customize settings after having installed Kodi as a Microsoft store app. One nice solution in my opinion would be that Kodi would let users choose where to put the preferences.
My Windows version 10, 1703 (creator's update)
Also another suggestion : addons should not be in the userdata folder, only the addons ' preferences should. EDIT 2 : my bad, the addons are not in user folder, sorry :/
Try going to the userdata folder directly rather than via the WindowsApps folder (which is a virtual one and secured).

Open your Windows Explorer, and in the navigation bar type this:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

That should open the userdata (wiki) folder directly - see if you can then edit your RssFeeds.xml file that way (start with a normal edit, if not try with admin mode).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
WOW it works!!!
The correct path is : "C:\Users\david\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\RssFeeds.xml"
Kind of a weird path, the non appstore version had a more simple path
Thanks a lot Darren!!! I owe you a pint.
You're welcome. In lieu of the pint, just hit the thank user button.

Agreed on the path, but that's how the Windows store works. At least the character string is fixed anyway.

Kodi Blog Posts
Exact same problem but on Android. Any luck?
Same here just made a post about it in the Android section. I think the repository server is down because everything is saying installation failed dependencies add-ons anything that I try to install from the official repository

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot install repository or addon or even a language0