Android EXTERNAL WIFI ANTENNA ?
I am looking for a way to add an External WIFI Antenna to my KODI box , to obtain a stronger signal when using it in my RV.
Has anyone here found a good and inexpensive answer to this ?

Thank You[/b][/size]
Use a USB wifi dongle with an external antenna connector?

Also, just a heads up, but there's no such thing as a "Kodi box". Kodi is just video player software, which works on all sorts of computers and devices. It's closer to a web browser than it is to a PC.
Or use a USB wifi adaptor and a woktenna.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
You won't be able to use any usb wifi dongle on Android.
I've wondered about this for some time, as most internal tablet wifi is very poor - however, this statement gives me pause:

(2016-10-14, 14:18)giaur Wrote: You won't be able to use any usb wifi dongle on Android.

I was certainly under the impression that there's kernel support for e.g. RTL8187 chipsets, and perhaps others, but only on certain devices - it's not a core part of Android, so it's ROM-dependent. I've just never dug into it any further to test that impression or to work out which drivers for which sticks on which devices with which ROMs...

(@nickr - "woktenna" added to my lexicon, thanks!)
(2016-10-14, 14:18)giaur Wrote: You won't be able to use any usb wifi dongle on Android.
Really? That is a shame.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

This is incorrect. Android can, and does, work with many USB wifi dongles. Which ones will depend on the firmware.
@ned - that's what I thought, hence my post. Do you have any idea how to find what firmware supports what dongles, though? Some form of lsmod from a command line, perhaps?

EDIT

Hmmm, looks like the RTL drivers are in the kernel source for my old tablet - but you can't charge and use USB OTG at the same time, which limits life a little...
Silly topic since we don't even know the box but......why adapters? If his box has removable antenna then he just needs some better antenna.
(2016-10-17, 20:27)kinggo Wrote: he just needs some better antenna.

Yes, I've been thinking about that as well... if it's one of those tiddly snap-on connectors (I'm sure they have a name!) then it should be eminently possible to replace it...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EXTERNAL WIFI ANTENNA ?0