Channel Numbers Switched/Crossed
Hi have an issue with a handful of channels that when tuned to they go to the wrong channel. This behavior only shows up in ServerWMC/kodi, when tuned to these channels in windows media center the correct channels are tuned. Most channels tune in correctly but there are a seemingly random bunch that don’t work.
I have media center (win 7) configured to control a dishnet stb with the ir blaster. In media center all channels are fine. But for example in kodi, when I tune to channel 190 (natgeowild) the channel that is entered by the blaster is 9445, which happens to be the HD version of the channel. So I thought it had something to do with HD, but another example is when I tune to channel 300 (HBO) the blaster enters in channel 303, which is the HBOPacific all non-HD. I have gone through the channel editor in media center and can’t see any obvious duplicates. I run kodi clients on both win10 & Ubuntu 16.04 machines and see the exact same behavior both cases. I have tried ServerWMC 1234 & 1236 and both have the same result. Any help/ideas would be appreciated.
I think the problem is in wmc's settings. Go to 'edit channels' in wmc's settings, select one of the problem channels and then choose 'edit sources'. You'll then see a list of the sources for the channel. My guess is if you look at the bottom of the list you'll see incorrect sources for the channel If you do, just deactivate them (uncheck them) then save. When you tune to a channel serverwmc chooses sources from the bottom of the list, wmc starts at the top - that's why wmc didn't show the problem. This behavior order can be turned off in serverwmc's settings but its not recommended.

If that's not the problem, then tune to one of these problem channels using kodi and then post the serverwmc log on pastebin.com and put a link to it here.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
That was 100% it. Confirmed all the channels that were tuning wrong are now correct. Thanks for the response. I did see another user had the same problem but I thought it was only related to QAM.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel Numbers Switched/Crossed0