Win Kodi not scanning library - Settings not stored
Hi guys,

I had to factory reset and reconfigure my NAS because of some file-corruption. I reinstalled and reconfigured MySQL as well. I checked the advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml and they seem to be ok.
When I open Kodi, the library is empty. When I add a new source, I can connect to my shares on my NAS (nfs://192.168.1.13/DATA/Video/Movies) but when I finish the settings for content and scraper, nothing happens. Kodi asks to rescan the library, but it doesn't do anything and the content and scraper settings are not saved either.
I'm using the Windows Store version which was running fine before I did the factory reset of my NAS.
Any idea's? Huh
What Brand is your nas?
Have you checked settings in the Nas Administration and made sure you have Write permissions and not just Read
My Zycell isbad at that always have to check i have Read AND Write permissions
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
(2016-10-12, 17:37)kimkl Wrote: What Brand is your nas?
Have you checked settings in the Nas Administration and made sure you have Write permissions and not just Read
My Zycell isbad at that always have to check i have Read AND Write permissions

It's a Netgear ReadyNAS. Alle media shares have read/write access. Even the IP addresses of all my 3 Kodi boxes have root access to the shares.
Sorry for the late responds
found this http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=225872
not sure if it solves anything but you might get some idea's to fix your problem unless you have solved it.
I also saw something on netgear's site relating to file corruption, so a quick visit there also might be helpful
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail...ar_organic

not sure if i am helping at all Big Grin good luck
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Banned add-ons
Thanks for your reply.
I read the thread and followed the steps. I found out that the kodi user wasn't created. Although I thought I did using SSH with the Kodi wiki on creating the dB user.
Anyway, I created the user, rebooted the NAS but now Kodi crashes when I want to launch it. Only way to launch it, is to rename the advancedsettings.xml file.

I opened the log file and I saw an error on the last line:

Code:
20:52:12 T:6852   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos107] The table does not exist
                                            Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version

I couldn't find a solution as of yet. Any idea's?
Well nothing springs to mind except that the Windows 10 Store Version has some problems like BSOD, but thats not the case your having,
Ill try and see what i can find in my "Very Unsorted bookmarks" Big Grin, shame it produced a new "problem" after we solved your first one.

But ill do some searching and see if anyone has the cure, just strange
Did you also use the Store Version of Kodi before your file-corruption you properly did and same settings to i bet hmm strange.

Been a long time since i had to deal with SQL but looking at the error msg it looks like a leftover file from your file-corruption that somehow is being used.
But i have to check up on that first.
Could also be a new "hate to say it" file-corruption but lets not jump to conclusions before checking facts.
I did see a post on Netgear forum about files from the backup folder being used after a corruption issue ill see if i can find that link, did not post it before because it seemed unrelated to your problem.
Banned add-ons
Try and see if this will fix it member had this problem back in 2013
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158082

From 2012 app crash not sure if his "dirty" Fix will help you
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=146969

Another post
https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/closed-libra...ws/3777/16
different platform but i might work
His fix was export the database and reimport it

Let me know if any of this works, ill hold back on posting more links until you tried these
Banned add-ons
Last thing you could try and rename the Database MyVideos107 to MyVideos108 or what ever and see if that will do the trick and not crash kodi

Let me know how it works out
Banned add-ons
Hi,

So I managed to fix it. I found out that by renaming the advancedsettings.xml, Kodi would start normally. So, I dropped the MyVideos107 database and rebooted the NAS box to be sure. I put back the original advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml and voila! Kodi started and was able to populate the database!
So, eventually it was due to the database being corrupted or something. Don't know why, because it was a fresh MySQL instance. Anyway, thanks so much for your time and effort to help. Very much appreciated. Smile
Nice m8 happy for you, and relieved because after i wrote to rename the Database that was also the end of what i could think of my know how in sql has not been used in 15 years got plenty of books but they are old so phew nice m8 glad it worked out

btw sorry for the late responds but have been trying to sort out my Video problems almost there except now its the Audio giving me a hard time
Banned add-ons

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi not scanning library - Settings not stored1