Rise of Tomb raider choppy when kodi is open
I have a strange issue where Rise of Tomb raider is choppy with low fps when kodi is open. If i have the game open and tab out and close kodi a few seconds fps goes up. What could be causing this? all other games are fine
Are you running on an Alienware Alpha, or is there some other reason you want to have Kodi open when playing a video game?
(2016-10-12, 18:34)budtz Wrote: I have a strange issue where Rise of Tomb raider is choppy with low fps when kodi is open. If i have the game open and tab out and close kodi a few seconds fps goes up. What could be causing this? all other games are fine
Does this happen when kodi is idle or only when playing a video? Obviously you are running a system intensive game, so it would make sense running other programs may slow it down. What video card are you using, ram amount and are you running a normal hard drive or SSD? I'm assuming you are running this on a secondary monitor, as it wouldn't make sense to have kodi running in the background.
I've noticed the same thing, I have my Windows games setup in Kodi using Advanced Emulation Launcher. If I launch the game from Kodi, Kodi stays in the background and performance suffers. I'm now closing Kodi completely before launching games. It didn't seem like the early Krypton nightlies had this issue, but I've also updated my graphics drivers since then. Haven't taken the time to investigate it yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rise of Tomb raider choppy when kodi is open0