v16 Kodi resetting every once in a while
I have the issue that every once in a while when I start Kodi, all settings were reset: Skin set back to confluence, audio output set back to default, TV/PVR disabled (and PVR addon settings reset) etc. On the other hand, all addons are still there and my custom key mappings are still working.

Any idea how this could happen?

I'm running Kodi 16.1 Jarvis on Windows 7.
It can happen occasionally if one of the xml files that Kodi uses to store the settings (they are in your userdata (wiki) folder) becomes corrupted and Kodi cannot read it.

If this happens then it will replace it with a default version, leading to some of your settings becoming lost.

You can help this by always ensuring that you close down Kodi properly (quit it from the menu rather than just closing the window for example), although it does still happen sometimes anyway unfortunately. As with anything in this area, keeping a routine backup regime (for example using the Backup add-on within Kodi, or with a wider Windows-based solution to secure the files) is worthwhile so that if you do hit problems then you can restore the damaged file quickly and easily.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I have a similar problem.

Every time my htpc restarts I lose my audio settings. It reverts to the Realtek spdif and I have to manually change it back to the Wasapi Denon every time.

How could I fix this?
One thing you can try is to make your settings, then either reload the skin you're using or switch to another one and back again. That forces Kodi to save settings and load/reload them. Sometimes this doesn't happen when you shut down and so they can get lost.

That said I'm not sure if the audio side of things is dealt with by Kodi or Windows, so it may not help if something in windows is forcing the switch.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks, that's very useful information. Indeed, my Kodi never shuts down properly, because I am using a remote that's just powering off the whole machine. Guess I have to find a way to always restore the XML files on Windows startup automatically.. any idea for something like that? Guess there would have to be a periodic automatic backup first, then some kind of script which just takes the latest backup and puts it in the Kodi folder automatically on startup.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
You could probably do it quite simply with task scheduler and a bat file or two.

It's just simple file copying, doesn't need to be anything fancy.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi resetting every once in a while0