Microsoft MCE Windows Button
Ive been through the wiki and looked at various related websites and videos but cant seem to figure out how to map the windows button (big green one in the middle of the mce remote) to the Kodi home screen. Rather than clicking 'back' multiple times, i want to be able to click this once and then go back to the main menu screen.

Ive tried playing around with key mapper and the mce remote addon but cant seem to get round it. Am i missing something?

Im running Jarvis with Titan skin if that makes any difference.

TIA Smile
Can't remember what the rules are with links so i'll just say google "xbmccustomregis" and follow the steps on that page. I've used it faithfully with my MCE remote for years. Good luck.
(2016-10-13, 16:51)lobsta Wrote: Can't remember what the rules are with links so i'll just say google "xbmccustomregis" and follow the steps on that page. I've used it faithfully with my MCE remote for years. Good luck.

Thanks, ill take a look Cool
Ok, im still none the wiser on this. All i want to do is remap the green windows button on my mce remote so that it takes me back to the Kodi main menu screen (home). I've downloaded and installed the xbmccustomregedit software as above, which has automatically remapped a lot of the buttons, but there are a lot of dead links on that site for remapping tools so im still stuck.

My problem is that i dont see a remapping option in either mceremote addon or key editor addon for the command 'Home', so i have no way of telling the addons what i want the command to do

Any pointers?
Anyone??
I'm looking for the same thing...

I have used an MCERemote tool. With that a reg file was created. Then I ditched the tool and started working with the reg file myself.

A few weeks ago I have also found the tool mentioned in this topic: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=164252
I've found it to be very useful! It is possible to remap the green button as well. Currently I have remapped that button to the Windows start key.
However, I don't know what the key (combination) is to get to the home menu from whichever screen you're on in Kodi. So I don't know what I should map it to.

And somebody pointed out that that tool completely messed up his computer. As soon as I know what to set the reg file to I'll update the reg file and leave it as such
Great work. If you get a setup that you're happy with, any chance of sharing your keyboard.xml file so I can have a try myself?
No! I will keep that for myself!

Of course not Wink Of course I'm willing to share! Just don't have a lot of time on my hands right now. The strange thing is: the Windows remote app that I have does have a home "button"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Microsoft MCE Windows Button0