Video archival add-on?
Hello Everyone,

Apologies if this is not the correct subforum to post this to.

I wonder if there is an add-on which would archive and retrieve my video files.
The functionality I would look for:

1. Specify archive location, i.e. network share/removable drive/etc. -- removable drives should be named, e.g. 'Archive1'
2. Move movies/shows/seasons/episodes to archive location, retaining the original folder/file structure, i.e. '[blah]/TVShows/Title/Season/Episode.ext'
3. Remove archived items from library/auto-run library cleanup, whichever is neater from a technical perspective
4. Links/referrals to the archived items would show up in special folders under Movies/TV Shows, e.g. 'Kodi Archives' or similar to avoid conflict with an identical movie/show
5. When selecting to a specific item in the archived items' folder, return with media info, i.e. network share to connect if doesn't exist, removable name specified under #1, wait for confirmation
6. Select library location, copy selected item back to library, run library update

The point would be to offload the tons of shows/movies I have seen already but want to retain to satisfy my inner hamster while keeping the active library manageable. Also, telling me which archived item is in which location would help me pull out the only drive I need and not needing to scan through them all just to find the one show I want to re-watch.
I don't know if there is anything like this; if so, which add-on should I install? Is there a way to set this up by using Kodi functionality already? Do you have any best practice perhaps to achive the above by any other means?

Open for suggestions,

Solt
Thread moved to add-on requests
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you, need to get familiar with things around here.
Is there a way I can change the title from Feature Request to Add-on Request to comply with the regulations?
Yes, do a full edit on your first post. There you can change the title, which for the first post is the threads title too.

I've done it for your post, but the above is how to do it generally.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video archival add-on?0