Database folder?
I have two KODI systems, one is much faster at scanning. I just did a so called house cleaning of old, questionable or broken addons. I then did a new clean install of Krypton beta 3.
My fast system finished scanning my media yesterday and my slow one is still working on it. Can I simply copy my fast systems Database folder in to my slow systems KODI/userdata/database and overwrite whats there and quit waiting for it to finish?
No in all probability you'll find that the path in one machine isn't going to be the same as the other, unless the drive paths are absolutely identical (and even then the thumbs wouldn't match). One wonders about the 'clean' install, in a lot of cases you'll find some of those questionable add-ons have left legacy code overlays, unless you have deleted your entire roaming folder. My presumption is that you don't export you meta-data to separate files, and your re-scan is more of a first scan? In the case of meta-data with the movies in their own folder, a local scan using the 'local information only', wouldn't take hardly anytime compared to what you are intimating your set-up does.
MySQL is a good option if you have more than one Kodi machine.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-10-14, 07:07)nickr Wrote: MySQL is a good option if you have more than one Kodi machine.

I searched MySQL and found tons of references, too many!
Could you provide me a link to information on the implementation of this database system for my particular KODI setup?

Thanks!
http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Database folder?0