Using keymap, cannot map page down in TV Guide
Hi!

I am running Kodibuntu with the newest stable version of Kodi. I am attempting to use the keymap add on to use with a RCA Universal remote (which I programmed to send commands as a windows media center remote, which I also have.) The reason for the universal remote is to be able to turn on the TV with the same remote.

I have been pretty successful with mapping keys but I am having an issue with assigning the page up and page down commands for the TV guide. I have tried all the different categories (Global etc.) but when I try to program page down, keymap doesn't "see" the command.

What I mean is, I click edit key, I get the dialog to press the remote key, but then it times out and doesn't seem to accept the key press on the remote.

I am trying to use the channel up and channel down keys to be able to page up and page down. This seemed to work on my Kodi box with Windows 7 right out of the box. So I am wondering why this is and what I can do about it. Any help would be greatley appreciated! Big Grin
First thought is the universal remote has some sort of channel "punch through" where it sends the tv channel commands rather than the current device commands. Check the remote user manual to disable this feature. You can verify if this is the problem by seeing if the original media center remote is recognized.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2016-10-13, 22:24)Dilligaf Wrote: First thought is the universal remote has some sort of channel "punch through" where it sends the tv channel commands rather than the current device commands. Check the remote user manual to disable this feature. You can verify if this is the problem by seeing if the original media center remote is recognized.

Thanks for the response! Yes I did try this with with the original media center remote and got the same behavior.
Anyone? Maybe LIRC is the method?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using keymap, cannot map page down in TV Guide0