Vision TV - Evil box sellers arrived in Greece as well!
In Greece, recently, government is pushing TV channels owners to acquire official licenses in order to continue providing their content through DVB-T.

These permissions cost millions of Euros. It may as well be very negative for employees and lose their job. After they acquire these licenses, according to agreements they may only broadcast specific type of content or become entirely regional.

So a couple of "students" have come up with the idea of promoting their box "which will save these employees!!" and in the same time "greatly enhance user experience".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uy_mEWagZ8

They even managed to get their way of free advertising on a big news site in Greece:

http://www.newsit.gr/media/Vision-Enas-a...vid/663256

I argued in their Youtube video that they are trying to deceive ignorant users promoting their so called "decoder" having legal streaming content and in the same time being free. ANT1 in particular is very strict in terms which applications are allowed to have its stream available and furthermore its geo-blocked. And yet they claim that this stream will be available worldwide. They are not as transparent as they should be, neither their website provides any useful information.
In my region, a local DTV shopping channel has a 1/2hr episode selling the virutes of the gogo smart tv stick.
This device can be plugged into your TV and steam anthing from anywhare... free...
During the commercial/show, actors are saying things like "'thanks to the GoGo, now we’re able to watch whatever we want online and it’s free!'.

From the commercial/show it's clear in the video that Kodi is included but what addons are bundles is not clear.
It also looks like it is running android but i'm not 100% sure .
The device has access to apps store and includes a number of apps preinstalled.
The sellers are carefull in their phrasing during the commercial as it goes to great lengths to make it clear that whatever you can do with a browser you can do with the smart tv stick.
A lame copout but likley the users will be left holding the bag while Kodi is dragged through the mud.

What gets me is how a broadcast station (that lives of licensing movies and serials) allows such to be broadcast on their spectrum and can continue to whine about piracy?
Appethy, indiferance, stupidity? Take your pick.

If those with vested interests in stopping such piracy don't care, maybe we shouldn't care.
Atleast, maybe, we shouldn't be posting abouit such 'fully loaded' boxes and confirming their existance to all?
I'm a XBMC novice :)
Regarding Kodi, as far as I can tell, they are legitimate. I don't see a Kodi trademarked sign in the video, and they said they will be publicing the code once the product is released.
About legitimacy of their "service", I don't know, we'll see once the code gets published. But once the fork is right, this won't have anything to do with kodi anymore, right?
I can't really tell what they are doing from the video (I neither speak or read Greek), but if they have modified Kodi and removed all references to Kodi, then piracy aside, they have done what they should have.

As for the device itself, it's clearly a RPi3, and appears to be running a modified version of OE/LE (not Android).
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I also don't care if they even forked my addons for greek content. What I do care is their stated price of the product and content itself being legit or not.

And they state that they care about employees. Yet they have on demand movies and such. Do they care about "video club" employees?

Oh come on, I just can't stand this hypocrisy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vision TV - Evil box sellers arrived in Greece as well!0