Solved Renamer issue
Using the renamer, I do not have "remove all other nfo files" checked, but running it removes all other nfo files.
Version 2.8.4-snapshot
Tested on 2 different movies, both deleted all other nfo files.
Build 2016-10-11 12:35
thanks for that info
this is a setting from the old ages of tmm.. we have to check if this is still applicable in the recent version of the renamer
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
I can see the use of this as an option. For me, I use nfo files for other purposes, like to detail the source and encoding information. So to remove ALL other nfo files is not desirable for me. In some cases, I can see that option as very nice, using nfo only to store metadata and wanting to keep your folders clean. Issue though is the option is there and appears to not be working as the UI says it should.
after having a look at the code, it _schould_ work.

how do you name your _external_ NFO files? we do only check against our known file names (see settings). If your NFO file has such a name, tmm thinks it is a tmm NFO and deletes it according to the settings.
E.g. if you have a mediainfo.nfo, it should survive.

please give me some examples (you can also send us such a NFO file) for further investigation

EDIT: checked and debugged again; we check the content of the NFO file. Any non tmm NFO should survive the rename if the checkbox is NOT ticked (works here as intended)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
The NFO files in question are of the same name as the video file. On the latest snapshot build, a rename, with the checkbox unchecked, removes them. I have not tried other names, that is the only naming convention I use, aside from movie.nfo with is placed there by TMM.
I have just retested this with the latest update that just came down.
Version 2.8.4-SNAPSHOP - PRE-RELEASE
2016-10-18 06:47

It appears to be working as you have described. I am unsure if something was changed, but the issue is no longer there.

*** It would be helpful if the contents of the about box could be selected and copied for easy paste for stating version used.
(2016-10-18, 09:01)thwaller Wrote: *** It would be helpful if the contents of the about box could be selected and copied for easy paste for stating version used.
hmm.. we might consider this Smile
But when using a "non-release-version" it is sufficient to specify "current pre-release" (or "current nightly")
(i expect that you've always updated to the latest available version)
Creating github issues via the built-in bug report works already that way Wink
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Makes sense. The only reason I like specifying versions is shows in this case. When I first had the issue, I was on a different version than I was on when I retested and there was no longer an issue. If I were to just state "current pre-release", this would not be clear by reading the notes. Whether a dev on a project or just a user, I like bug reports to be detailed so I can see any changes in variables. Just my opinion though, but that is why I suggested it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Renamer issue0