Replacing Icons
Hi all,

firstly big props for Braz creating this awesome skin. I have tried them all and got stuck with it.
Im currently running it on Windows in order to customize it and transfer the design later to my Android based TV or Linux based NAS.
Gotta say although i use Kodi for years, i just started to actually look deeper into it.

There is this great feature to change the icons for the menu entries. This works great on the home screen. However, if you do that and click the menu item, the stock icon appears. How is that?
Second question: Are there any vector formats supported by chance for these icons?

Thanks
The icon customization for the main menu is just that, it will only show on the home screen. When you click an item, the icon displayed in the top bar is defined by Kodi. If you want to customize those, you'll need to download the skin from github so you can access the uncompressed textures.

https://github.com/braz96/skin.mimic/archive/master.zip

You'll find the default icons in the /media folder. They are named "Default*.png", and they're not vectors.
Thanks, bro.
Now how would i go to do that? Do i need to install the whole skin or could i replace the media folder with the one from the master?
Probably easiest to just overwrite your skin folder with the one you download from github.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replacing Icons0