Visualization, artist slideshow question
Hello,

I'm trying to get an addon to work similar to artist slideshow.
A few questions about visualization or something to do with slideshows while playing music.

What are the reasons why script.artistslideshow is not installed as a visualization.
Is there a skin-independent way?

Are visualization addons strictly for addons that generate graphics based on the audio frequencies?

I originally posted this question in the wrong forum. mod can you delete the one
Visualizations using something called the Vortex Engine and are written in AngelScript. Addons are done in python. So it could very well be a matter of what scripting language the author wants to use.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=22365

I maintain AS now, and I also wonder if AngelScript has as much access to information in Kodi, or at least if it did when AS was first written. Much of the information AS needs was originally only available via python calls, although now I think much of it can be done using JSON calls.

So it might be possible today to rewrite AS as a visualization (and thus make it skin independent), although it would be a huge task.
Thank you.
Expalins a lot why things are setup that way.
At least I know not to try installing my python addon as a visualization, that would have been a big headache.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Visualization, artist slideshow question0