Adding Spindown to Drives - Changing system settings?
Hello,

I plan on letting my Pi2 constantly on in the future, but the problem is that there are two usb harddrives connected. Apparently they do not spin down if idle for a given time. I tried it on the ssh terminal, and I can do it with hdparam, so I would like to add this. For this I need an hdparam.conf in /etc/, but as you all know, kodi is read only. I read that in order to add this, I would need to basically open the image with squashfs, but when I try this it always says "Can't find a SQUASHFS superblock on kodi.img". I tried it with /dev/sdf, /dev/sdf1 and /dev/sdf2, none of them work and yes it is the correct device.

So how I can achieve my goal?

Thx.
Kodi is not an OS. Your OS is called either OpenELEC, or LibreELEC. Add the hdparm commands to /storage/.config/autostart.sh.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks, but that does not work.

I've put the commands into /storage/.config/autostart.sh and I even made it executable. I've set the spin down time to 2 minutes, but even after 5 minutes now the drives are still in active/idle state instead of standby.

Do I need to do something somewhere in order to actually load the autostart.sh file?

edit: If I manually start the autostart file after booting it does work and the drives spind down after two minutes. But it does not run by itself after booting. Maybe it does have to wait a bit before the commands are executed?
Yes, you must give it some time to wait till the drives are mounted, before it executes...

Example autostart.sh:

#!/bin/sh
(sleep 60;
hdparm -S 60 /dev/sda1
)&

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Spindown to Drives - Changing system settings?0